brushguard pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

brushguard pics

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i want to see pics of 1st. gens with brush guards or bull bars and such like that and want to know were you got them and how much they were thanks

Attachments

• rsz_1_grill.jpg
    rsz_1_grill.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,469
  • rsz_1photo_022209_002.jpg
    rsz_1photo_022209_002.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,489

newexplorer003.jpg

newexplorer002.jpg

I got mine from a buddy I paid $25 for it and it came off of a bronco!!

Here's mine...
20565_1219110434413_1128458234_30502495_1744079_n.jpg
]
From JC Whitney - $140 + shipping

Thomas,

It's just four bolts - bottom pair are existing bumper bolts.
Top two you have to drill through your bumper to place them. It's a little tight behind those, but not a big deal.

Also, it doesn't come assembled, so you have to put most of the center section together. Again, not a big deal doing that. Headlight guards are one piece each side.
And the two marks on the bottom bar at the center - that's a footprint from where I had been climbing up and working under the hood. Nice to have there just as a step. :)

Oh, FYI: the lights weren't included. Had to buy those separately.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I made my brush guard. It came off a full size truck. I had to narrow and shorten it to make it fit.

where could i find those head lights in that pic of the red one i have been tryin to find them

Here is mine. It was a manik brushguard that i got from a member of the forum for about $200.
picture.php

loner and xlt: i love love love the brush guard. nice choice. :)

I've been meaning to get a brush guard since I got my truck. I like the style gloomis has. Are your lights mounted to the bar or did you still have to make brackets that mount to the bumper?

loner and xlt: i love love love the brush guard. nice choice. :)

Thanks! I loved my brush guard as well. It made my ride look that much better.

bats,

The bar came from the factory for the "tabs" for the light already on it.
Piece of cake to stick the lights on it. :)

Here's mine.
20910990022_medium.jpg

Bullbar was free. Not made for a Ford but modified it slightly. Only mounts to frame. My cardomain page 9 shows a better pic without the bumper.

ARB makes a great bumper for the old Jeep Cherokee that can be adapted to a 1st gen. The difference in body width between the two is only 1 inch! When I can afford to get the new bumper that's the route I'm going. Have to recover after lifting My Exploder 6 inches, next up is new wheels and tires then the new bumper with winch assembly.

Please note I have not yet fully investigated what is required to adapt the bumper mounts to work on a 1st Gen Exploder, but I am betting it is very doable.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the jc whitney guard too. it's a little lopsided because my bumper is kind of tweaked.

Attachments

• 32398070017_large.jpg
    32398070017_large.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 7,749

Back