3rd Gen V8 Explorer Exhaust Setups...Video!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

3rd Gen V8 Explorer Exhaust Setups...Video!!!

seanc11b

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix,AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 Limited 4.6L
Heres a little video i made from the 4 different exhaust setups i've seen on these forums...hopefully this video will help those that are trying to decide on a setup for there X...i used jtbuck92's, Limited02's, zerodevils and my own clips in the video...if any one of the previously mentioned members have issues with me posting this video just let me know and i will take it down.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gosh I love that sound clip of Limited02's!!! (Hh wait, that's me:D)

Everyone's sounds great, it'd be hard to say which is best?

Hopefully this will give people an idea on what to expect. Also, I need to make a new vid because I'm not revving enough;)

Dude, NICE idea. Some one should sticky this one. All i can say after watching this was "mom van this" lol... i cant WAIT to hear what shes going to sould like after the 5.4 swap, the trick flow heads, and the mild cams.

I love the idea!

The 1st one was freakin' AWESOME! The rest were damn sexy too!! i want a v8 now!!! :(

Nice idea man! I like how I'm the first vid!

i like how he calls my truck a "beastly SOB" lol.

i like how he calls my truck a "beastly SOB" lol.

it does sound pretty bad ass...probably one of the best i heard...i have to wait a couple more months before i can even see my X but when i do i'm gonna add a x-pipe and swap the FM 40's for borla stingers

hey zerodevil,

what makes the whiny, kinda supercharger sound (its kinda hard to explain).when you rev the engine it kinda sounds like some form of belt but idk... and i like it

How loud is that Flowmaster 70 series? Does it drone? The 4.6 defiantly makes a cool noise, I wanna hear it a little more when the windows are down but I don't wanna hear it all the time

On a side note, tabezic, I've seen your Mounty around the twp about a week or so ago. I was stuck in construction traffic trying to cross 23 mile and you were behind me. I couldn't forget those blue LEDs around the fogs.

My FM 70 doesn't drone. If a step up from stock and FM tone is what you are looking for, then a FM 70 is it;)

tabezic: I have been trying to find out for years!! at first i thought it was the engine fan, but its still their after my electric fan... so idk. SO. ive challenged myself to a bet guys, if i can make it till spring and save up 7K MORE in my account (no more splurg spending) i may very well do a 5.4L with trick flow heads and a mild SUV high lift cam from crower.... Exhaust will be SEXY.

On a side note, tabezic, I've seen your Mounty around the twp about a week or so ago. I was stuck in construction traffic trying to cross 23 mile and you were behind me. I couldn't forget those blue LEDs around the fogs.

whats ur ex look like???

tabezic: I have been trying to find out for years!! at first i thought it was the engine fan, but its still their after my electric fan... so idk. SO. ive challenged myself to a bet guys, if i can make it till spring and save up 7K MORE in my account (no more splurg spending) i may very well do a 5.4L with trick flow heads and a mild SUV high lift cam from crower.... Exhaust will be SEXY.

i would rly wanna see how that project goes!!! keep me posted!!

Nothing special, White 02 XLT V8 with grey lower trim and 4th gen 18s on it.

Yup I remember it. Didn't think I had another member of the forum so close to me. There's actualy quite a few custom explorers around this area. Just wish I could find them on the forum

hey zerodevil,

what makes the whiny, kinda supercharger sound (its kinda hard to explain).when you rev the engine it kinda sounds like some form of belt but idk... and i like it

I think that's the sound of the tires spinning on the snow covered pavement.

Nice Work sean!! I am usually happy with my Flowmaster setup on my 4.0 OHV... until I hear aftermarket V8 setups like these...

Purely Amazing. They all sound great--nice work guys. Thanks for making another V6 owner jealous.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think that's the sound of the tires spinning on the snow covered pavement.

i never thought of that!! but thing is, it does it when hes reving the engine just standing still.

zerodevil,
if u ever figure it out. let me know what it is!!!

Back