No Red or Black Paint! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

No Red or Black Paint!

Jabber49

Reaction score
City, State
Detroit MI
Heard on the news last night that Ford told dealers to put a hold on ordering tuxedo black and 3 shades of red because they can't get the pigment from japan. They are searching for other sources to keep up with demand.

ouch

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

For Explorer, ONLY Tuxedo Black is currently affected. The red paint issues affect other vehicles.

i was so close to order the tuxedo black....

RETAIL orders of Tuxedo Black are still permitted, but might or might not be filled. No STOCK orders are possible effective 3/24.

So, the resale value of my Candy Red Metallic Limited just went up?:)

hehe i got my tuxedo black order in! any day now... come on :)

Ahhh, at night it shifts from tuxedo black to glow-in-the-dark radiation green. :rangergreen:

Whew !! I picked up my Tuxedo Black Limited yesterday ...

Picked up my Tux Black Limited today. Some times it's better to be lucky than good.

Ahhh, at night it shifts from tuxedo black to glow-in-the-dark radiation green. :rangergreen:

Sounds like a winner to me:D I doubt supplies will be an issue for that long, where there is money to be made someone will rush in to fill the demand.

Black and Red owners can sell their 11's and order 12's now since the value went up.......LOL

I will take a 2012 Limited in Sterling Grey please

12's start building in August

Back