Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift

The Electrician

Reaction score
City, State
Makkah
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT 4WD V6
Hi every one

I done my lift using a combination of Truxxx leveling kit (strut spacers) #102010 and Rancho QuickLift Loaded

Truxxx leveling kit #102010 (Advertised Lift: front 2.5"/Rear 1.25")

5734982252_871a5a66b1_b.jpg

here are the front spacers

5734981510_d75fb6094c_b.jpg

and here are the rear spaers

5734432919_35cc49d392_b.jpg

Here is the Truxxx installation Guide:
http://www.truxxx.com/pdf/102010.pdf

There is 2 types of Rancho QuickLift for the Explorer 4th Gen.

QuickLift (Struts only)

ql_shock_lg.jpg

Advertised Front Lift 1.5" with 4.73" Travel RS999755

Advertised Rear Lift 1.25" with 5.92" Travel RS999756

Rancho QuickLift Application Guide

And QuickLift Loaded (Pre-assembled with coil spring and upper mount)

qll_shock_lg.jpg

Advertised Front Lift 1.75" with 4.73" Travel

Left Side RS999939
Right Side RS999924

Advertised Rear Lift 1.00" with 5.92" Travel

Left Side RS999942
Right Side RS999927

Rancho QuickLift Loaded Application Guide

2010 - 2011 Master Catalog
2010 - 2011 Master Catalog Supplement (Specification Chart)

just one thing, if you are installing Truxxx with Rancho QuickLift Loaded

front you need to press the coil springs and rotate the mounts 180 degree so the control knob faces the front of the truck like in this photos

5796867885_beebcc5b29_b.jpg

The total life with 32" tires (265/70R17) after the spring coils settled is only 3.8" compared to stock, given that tires contributing with 1" lift, we can see that Rancho QuickLift Loaded is contributing only 0.3" lift (maybe this happened due to the extra pre-loading caused by the Truxxx Spacers)

The buity of this combination, is that gives you the ground clearance without sacrefing stability by giving the ability to choose the stiffness of the struts according to your requirements

High Way
front: 7
rear: 4

Sporty Driving (to minimize body roll and stabilize the truck better than stock but the ride is kinda harsh)
front: 9
rear: 7

Towing and Hauling
front: 7
rear: 9

Rock Crawling
front: 4
rear: 4

In addition, Rancho Struts have more than 1" travel compared to Ford OEM Struts which leads to more wheels articulations and better off-road performance

Front Rancho Quick Lift Loaded compared with Stock

5734984716_8d5205d132_b.jpg

5796867885_beebcc5b29_b.jpg

Rear Rancho Quick Lift Loaded compared with Stock

5734435945_9eae972ef1_b.jpg

5735006564_38245eb3b4_b.jpg

Here are Photos of the tuck compared to stock and how it flexes

5760388200_18ee8d572b_b.jpg

5759839109_c9ce53d66f_b.jpg

5759836085_fa0a33dcc7_b.jpg

5844599923_02464b6509_b.jpg

5844598447_11b77e9617_b.jpg

5845146996_1544087caf_b.jpg

5844595305_69cdf3ffe2_b.jpg

That's all guys and thanks for passing by

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice detailed write up.

Thanks for putting it up here.

Good stuff, but I thought you had had all that for a while now?

Nice Writeup Nice Pics Nice Ex.

Thank you for your detailled writeup!
And for the images!!!!!

Your explorer looks great, man. I wish mine looked like that.

About the quicklift - it really doesn't seem right to me that they could settle that much. No strut should settle even close to 1.75" unless it blows out. Are you sure there is nothing else limiting it, like is the suspension at the extremes of what the ball joints can do because of the combination with the Truxx?

Does anyone with only the Rancho Quicklift have a measurement? I really want to believe that you would get the advertised lift out of those without the truxx spacers in there. I was thinking of getting those and I would be really disappointed if I put them on and got only .25" lift for $800.

Your explorer looks great, man. I wish mine looked like that.

About the quicklift - it really doesn't seem right to me that they could settle that much. No strut should settle even close to 1.75" unless it blows out. Are you sure there is nothing else limiting it, like is the suspension at the extremes of what the ball joints can do because of the combination with the Truxx?

Does anyone with only the Rancho Quicklift have a measurement? I really want to believe that you would get the advertised lift out of those without the truxx spacers in there. I was thinking of getting those and I would be really disappointed if I put them on and got only .25" lift for $800.

unfortunately, I didn't take any measurements when only Rancho quick lift loaded was installed. but I hope this pictures help you out

5825856758_a7aa1d7f0c_b.jpg

5826656393_6bd3b7ae8b_b.jpg

5826707982_aba63bb8ef_b.jpg

with Rancho quick lift loaded and 31.6" tires 265/70R17, the tires rub with inside finder, right above the tire. only when flexing in off-road conditions.

you can avoid this rubbing by using 30.6" tires 265/65R17

again this picture with Rancho quick lift loaded + Truxxx kit

5760388200_18ee8d572b_b.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. It looks like you had a good time.

The truck definitely looks taller in those pics, but it's very hard to tell what's from the tires vs. the struts. I would only put 30.6" tires anyway because I don't want to have to re-gear and the 31.6" would be an awfully big step from stock 29"s.

Hi All,

Does anyone know if any of the Suspension Lift kit companies are in the process of making a lift kit for the 2008 Ford Explorer???

Do you mean something beyond spacers? I'm pretty sure the Rancho Quicklift is it.

Yeah something beyond spacers, Truxx Lift/leveling kits, and Racho's Quick lift which i have been reading and after installation it only give you a .25" lift??? Is that right??? The cost is about $800.00 for the Quick lift Racho's... Doesn't seem right spending all that cash for less than minimal lift....

Problem Loading photos, and tips on how?

Does the Rancho's give a stiffer ride?

Luchtech - Just click the picture icon (mountains, yellow sky and sun) when replying and put in the direct url of the image (left click on image, view image properties (for mozilla, different for different browsers)).

The Rancho Quicklift's benefit is more in terms of improved shock absorber than the lift. But overall, no, there isn't any spring/strut combo that gives 2" of lift or anything. Companies just aren't interested. One wouldn't want to do a suspension lift of more than 2.5" because you would cause problems with the rear CVs rubbing on the frame.

I have the quicklift all around on a 2002 XLT. Net lift was about 1.5 inches (not including tires) and I run 265 75 16s without any rubbing even at full turn over bumps. That being said, I broke the bottom spring mount on one strut yesterday at the sand dunes and I wasn't even hitting it to hard so I'm not sure about build quality. I've had them on since mid April. As far as ride, they ride as good or better than factory, pretty much however you like it since there is so much range in the adjustment. The tires did destroy my gas mileage though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My 2008 Ford Explorer, V6 has 265/75/16 tires/wheels, the wheels are ProComp, Tires are Dick Cepek Crushers, Magnaflow exhaust, K&N Air Filter, Air Intake System not available unless made from scratch, Tiregate to hold my spare, Lund Hood scoops, and i added a few other body features to dress it up a bit. Will be working on installing Tachometer and other meters inside the cab, I have installed rear fog lights. Will be installing some rear graphics of the Ford Raptor. Will have more pics loaded soon....

But, i definately need a lift to finish off my final touches. I've noticed the body lifts on a post here in the forum, even though it looks good it is just a bit too much for me. It doesn't really sit right for me because with a lift like that, larger tires should of been a factor. The space between the tire and the wheel well is a bit spacey and there is nothing to compensate for the space unless the shocks could be more visible to show some detail... That is what i would have to do to mines.

I've thought about the Truxx kit and the Rancho Quicklift, would like to but not quite sure yet....

Back