Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifting 4th Gen with Truxxx Leveling Kit + Rancho QuickLift

P6160009.jpg

your truck looks awesome :thumbsup:

I would like to ask you about the tiregate, can you write a "How to" thread about it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just finished putting the "quick lift" only on, with no spacers. There is a 1.25 increase in front, and 1 increase, AS ADVERTISED! my guess, and my mechanics guess is that with the added load of the spacers, the shocks are preloading themselves. So it's not that the shocks are settling or not giving advertised performance, you only have a certain amount of play with the upper and lower control arms, and when u add the spacers in there, it maxes out. You are getting 1-1.25" out of the shocks, plus another 2.5-3.5" from the spacers, thats an additional 3-4.75" that Ford didn't plan on being "preloaded"

ok so i also have a 2007 ford explorer sport trac with the truxx lift kit in and want a higher lift but mainly want to improve the handilng so would it be ok to install the quicklift with the truxxx spacers already in i know that a couple of people have done this buy i just wanna make sure that it wont harm anything i have 265/65/18 tires on any feedback is great thanks

376030_1877205908473_1791022582_1241912_1034265867_n.jpg

033-I cannot answer that question, but I wanted to comment that is one good and clean lookin Trac!!!!!

thanks man. i also forgot to say that i was also considering the rancho rs9000xl with my ride if the whole truxx + quicklift doesnt work. so is there any way i can install the rs9000xl with the truxx lift kit. if not how can i modify it thanks

I totally agree with GRNMACHINE; that is one good and clean lookin Trac!!!!! :thumbsup:

regarding truxxx + Rancho QL (rs9000xl)

any suspension lift will cause extra tension on stock upper control arms and cause a premature frailer

you need extended upper control arms with uni-ball joint to withstand the extra tension

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319957

Will these fit on a 2007 sport trac and what about the back wheels and since it is a sport trac do you still reccommed them being 3/8"

ok guys i have talked with a couple of professionals including a tech/developer from rancho and they all say dont not put the truxx and quick lift in at the same time they say it will cause failure in the cvs becuz of the steep angle so let me know what you guys think cuz i am confused if i should or shoulnt go ahead with this thanks

Have you seen any issues with the U-joints from the axles, as the angle through the lift has become steeper?
How did the truck run before you put the Torsen front and rear differencials in (before re-gearing), but already had the 265/70 tires on.
I want to put the truxx and the 265/70R17 GoodYear Wrangler Duratracs on my 06 Explorer. Wonder how tough it would be on the transmission and other parts.
Would most likely have to re-gear same way you did down the road, but would like to do it some time later.

Up to date there are no issues regarding the axles nor CV Joints

Before re-gearing with 265/70R17 the Ex was a bit heavy.

On the highway on the smallest hills, bridges or during windy weather the transmission tend to downshift a lot. and the mileage went poor specially with my heavy foot.

To get the most out of your Ex I recommend to re-gear into 4.10.

and because of the lift the steering characteristics have changed Little bit.

Truxxx is in.

Well,
the Truxxx is in, alignement done. Took some sweat and lot's of hours (due to my rookiness), but was worth it.
Measured the height increase gains: 4cm (middle of the vehicle).

how can you have all this and not get the Service RSC Now or other stability related problems

how can you have all this and not get the Service RSC Now or other stability related problems

Edited: Lifting the explorer doesn't effect it's Roll Stability Control system !!!!

Would not fully agree that lifting does not affect stability. It certainly does, in terms of having the center of gravity/mass higher abovethe ground after the lift. But, if you put on wider tires and/or wheel spacers, you actually gain more stability, as the "stance" is wider.

What relates to the Ford "Roll Stability Control" - there whould be no "issues" related to it, as the system has no clue if the vehicle is higher or lover. It would not allow to go at certain speeds into a curve - would take the gas (throttle?) off the engine. How effective it is after the lift - it's a different question. But there are no "issues" in terms of driving or having "problems" by some service lights or messages/ fault codes coming up.

Congratulations Peteris :thumbsup:

any Pics?

No, unfortunately not. I originally wanted to put pics in, but as you have done it already - what's the point... Will post the pics once I've added some more stuff on my vehicle. Will probably open a register.

Have to figure out, if in my case it would really make sense to go "hard core" with the torque biasing diffs in front and rear + the extended control arms and the 265/70 tires. Will cost a lot of money. Would certainly benefit the capabilities, but as I have hardly any trails here, and the roads in winter are white from salt and not snow, it makes it hard to justify it...

I'll probably just put a 245/70 or something like that on, to gain some height and more aggressive thread (same good old Duratracs - truly amazing tire). Probably a bullbar and some skid plates.

That would be a soft version of the upgrade...

Full upgrade would include the re-gear and 265/70. Maybe even larger... But not yet decided. Maybe next year? ... ? :dunno:

if you want to change the tiers size with out re-gearing then I would recommend 265/65R17

you need to re-gear your truck and upgrade the braking system if you are exceeding 5% enlarging the tires compared to stock

stock 245/65R17 tires are 29.53"

265/65R17 tires are 30.56" is 3.38% larger than stock

245/75R17 tires are 31.46" is 6.14% larger than stock

265/70R17 tires are 31.60" is 6.56% larger than stock

Tire Size Calculator
http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp?action=submit

I am truly grateful for your reply Allaa'.

My wish would be to go large and re-gear. Have the money... But the common sense tells me - what for?

So I have a hard time deciding...

Wishes and desires vs practicality...

The problem is that my tire-of-choice (still think it is the best tire ever) does not have the middle size (265/65)... And- going with 265 in width would increase the stability of vehicle and give a way better traction. In traction increase tires come first.
The actual diameter on these would be 31.7" which is above the 5%.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Wrangler+DuraTrac

All these thoughts and forum investiagtions came from the wish to put the largest Duratracs on that would fit. And now-here I am... Still nothing done, other than the Truxxx.

you said it by your self

but as I have hardly any trails here, and the roads in winter are white from salt and not snow, it makes it hard to justify it...

so what you need is all terrain tires

and the best all terrain tires are BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...hite Letters&partnum=665SR7ATAKORWL&tab=Specs

nest best thing Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...hite Letters&partnum=665TR7REVO2OWL&tab=Specs

also Yokohama GeoLandar Geolandar A/T-S

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...R7GEOATS&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

or you can go with Mud terrain 245/70R17

either BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...White Letters&partnum=47QR7KM2RWLV2&tab=Specs

or Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=47QR7WDT&tab=Specs

please note that Mud terrain tires 245/70R are very similar in dimensions with all terrain tires 265/65R17

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Little update; Rancho discontinued the rs999755, which is the front struts. I now have to return one of them and get the two QL Loaded assembly. As far as I know they will soon be discontinuing the rear struts as well. (rs999756)

Back