Version 2.11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Version 2.11

Vic

Reaction score
More info will be released as soon as this week about the next version which, from what I can tell, will be numbered 2.11.

A TSB will be issued that will explain the symptoms it addresses. Not sure of the date of the TSB yet.

The install will be done by dealers.

The 2012 Explorers already have the new version installed when they're built.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

And how, pray tell, did you come about this information? :)

Sounds like good news. I will be most interested in the list of things/symptoms
addressed.

Keep us posted.

Yes, great news and hoping this came from the IVT team. Some basic update information on 2.11 could go a long way to help everyone understand Ford is working to improve the MFT experience.

Yes, great news and hoping this came from the IVT team. Some basic update information on 2.11 could go a long way to help everyone understand Ford is working to improve the MFT experience.

The info didn't come from FordIVT and I don't want to steal their thunder, but the basic info is out there. I'm sure they'll release more detail when the formal announcement is made. I expect they don't want customers calling dealers before the TSB is released, so they'll need to sequence their announcement with the TSB.

The only real news is that what's been reported the last couple months about the next release is accurate.

Why would they list it as 2.11? That doesnt make sense.. being 2.11 would come after the mysterious 2.10 that was really 2.8. 2.10 showed up on syncmyride but it was an error that was fixed and then was corrected to 2.8. You dont go backwards on version numbers. My guess is that the newer version will be listed as a 2.9 or move into the 3.xx.

time will tell what they call it when it gets released officially... but it has been discussed before that build number annotation doesn't follow what people may be use to in seeing 'version numbers'... so .11 is greater than .8.

anyways like in most software, going from 2.x to 3.x usually signifies a major new design and features... and i really doubt this is a major design change... just update to the 2.x platform.

Why would they list it as 2.11? That doesn't make sense.. being 2.11 would come after the mysterious 2.10 that was really 2.8. 2.10 showed up on syncmyride but it was an error that was fixed and then was corrected to 2.8. You dont go backwards on version numbers. My guess is that the newer version will be listed as a 2.9 or move into the 3.xx.

I <think> other platforms were on 2.10 but we didn't get that for the Explorer. I could be completely wrong though.

Hopefully this 2.11 is The Big Fix and not an incremental update.

Let's hope it is as good as they say its gonna be!

fingers_crossed.jpg

i think i did hear that... the new ford focus' are running or at least showing 2.10 right?

I <think> other platforms were on 2.10 but we didn't get that for the Explorer. I could be completely wrong though.

Hopefully this 2.11 is The Big Fix and not an incremental update.

Why would they list it as 2.11? That doesnt make sense.. being 2.11 would come after the mysterious 2.10 that was really 2.8. 2.10 showed up on syncmyride but it was an error that was fixed and then was corrected to 2.8. You dont go backwards on version numbers. My guess is that the newer version will be listed as a 2.9 or move into the 3.xx.

2.11 is 3 release branches after 2.8 (think of 2.8 as 2.08 and you'll get it!)

2.11 is 3 release branches after 2.8 (think of 2.8 as 2.08 and you'll get it!)

Looking at it that way, I can see how it would be called that. I was looking at it as simple numbers, 2.8 is the same as 2.80 or 2.800 therefore 2.11 is still lower if you tack on the 0.

I assume they would use 2.8.1 instead of 2.81 so I get it now, 2.11 is higher.

Thanks.

Hi Everyone!

Vic is correct, the next update to be released is 2.11. Once the TSB is released, we will have more information to give about what is on this update.

Rebecca

Good Luck! Allot riding on this update!

I can only imagine your team feels it's perfect.

I also hope you fixed the constant "hint" on quick dial that comes up every time you go to use it. Once you have a number in there, the system should not display the message on how to enter a number.

Looking at it that way, I can see how it would be called that. I was looking at it as simple numbers, 2.8 is the same as 2.80 or 2.800 therefore 2.11 is still lower if you tack on the 0.

I assume they would use 2.8.1 instead of 2.81 so I get it now, 2.11 is higher.

Thanks.

You guys are comparing the version number to a base 10 decimal formtted number. Instead the version number is major.minor release. We are currently at major version 2 with a minor release of 8. If the next is 2.11 then we are seeing a minor of 11. I am disappointed they didn't feel it was worth a 3.x release.

You guys are comparing the version number to a base 10 decimal formtted number. Instead the version number is major.minor release. We are currently at major version 2 with a minor release of 8. If the next is 2.11 then we are seeing a minor of 11. I am disappointed they didn't feel it was worth a 3.x release.

Agreed. However, if it does not add features and is only a rock solid stability update then I understand.

I hope there is information as to what 2.11 will fix or update. I'm running 2.4 with no problems. (I've been afraid to admit it & jinx myself so -- Sshh......;))

Why? Why does it matter?

I think drober30 hit the nail on the head that it probably doesn't matter as long as it is rock solid.

In my opinion, if they are not giving it an increase in the major version, then they did a handful of minor updates. Does the current performance of the system justify a bunch of minor updates? That is hard to say, but I am not developing the software. Although, I have developed radios and know how the design process works. I have been in a situation where there were many random issues like we see with this system and applying a bunch of band aids late in the game was the only option, but it was far from the best approach.

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have been in a situation where there were many random issues like we see with this system and applying a bunch of band aids late in the game was the only option, but it was far from the best approach.

You and I, as software types, know that this release is nothing but high priority band aids....major updates simply could not have been performed and tested given the time frame.

Back