City, State
Goshen IN.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
I can't find anything in the owners manual. Seems funny that ford has
not put in a new X. I was a GM man 07 Vette and o8 Equinox they both
had them. Really surprised how much dirt after 10,000 miles
My$. 02 My first Ford since 1957 Ford Fairlane Ford really hit a home run
on the new X. I love the truck!!. So far no problems.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

All my Highlanders had one too. Guess we get to save a little cash!

It has one.

This is from pg. 70 of the 2012 Owner's Manual PDF:

CABIN AIR FILTER
Your vehicle is equipped with a cabin air filter, located behind the glove
box. The particulate air filtration system is designed to reduce the
concentration of airborne particles such as dust, spores and pollen in the
air being supplied to the interior of the vehicle. This system provides the
following benefits:
• Improves driving comfort by reducing particle concentration.
• Improves the interior compartment cleanliness.
• Protects the climate control components from particle deposits.
Note: A cabin air filter must be installed at all times to prevent foreign
objects from entering the system. Running the system without a filter in
place could result in degradation or damage to the system.
For replacement intervals, refer to the Scheduled Maintenance chapter.
For more information regarding your filter, see your authorized dealer.

Happy Driving.

It's in the MY 2011 Owners Manual (3rd printing) page 74/75

If you still have a window sticker, it should say about Cabin Air Filter.

Thanks to all who responded. Did find the page on the filters. Must be I'm an old guy and just missed it. Does any of you folks have any idea on how to replace the filter and the # of filter . Thanks again for the info
Have a great day!!!

If you still have a window sticker, it should say about Cabin Air Filter.
I have the Limited with all the bells and whistles but there is no mention of a Cabin Air Filter on the window sticker.
I am quite sure it has one since it IS covered in the Owner's Guide, as I have now found out.;)

I know that the filter is "supposed" to be behind the glove box .... How do you get behind the glove box?

I know that the filter is "supposed" to be behind the glove box .... How do you get behind the glove box?
You have 20,000 miles (32,000km) to figure that one out.:D
Myself, I don't worry about it . I leave it for the dealer's service department to figure out. Mine is not here right now so I can't take a look. I'll put it on the 'to do' list.

if it's like my wifes lexus, the glovbox arm will detach, 'dropping' the glovebox to expose the area behind it and hopefully the filter tray is easily accessable. I'll have to take a look at my ex when i get a moment.

Yes its behind the glovebox to get to it press on both sides of the box it should drop some and then release the string tensioner and then just remove the cover plate then just pull the filter and replace in reverse order the filter is around $27.

Do you know the filter #?

Part Number: 19N619 (FP-68)

If it's replaceable, do it yourself- I know on my Camry the filter change service at my local dealer is $58.00

The filter is $7, and the housing is directly behind the glove box. Literally a 2 minute job, that buys a lot of beer, or a little better beer. :D

Yes its behind the glovebox to get to it press on both sides of the box it should drop some and then release the string tensioner and then just remove the cover plate then just pull the filter and replace in reverse order the filter is around $27.

To replace the cabin filter on 2015 it's a bit different than described above. It is behind the glove box, but rather than push on both sides of the glove box, the mechanism for stopping the glove box at the full open position is at the upper end of the glove box back panel. So, you need to reach toward the back panel of the glove box and you will notice two plastic stoppers on both sides, just pull in the upper back panel toward you on both sides and it will release it to fall to a lower postion. As far as the string tensioner is concerned I would probably use a piece of wire so that once unhitched you don't lose it and can reapply with ease. I would also probably release the string tensioner first.

I simply did a quick investigation to see if I had one and yes I could see it, but until I get a charcoal cabin filter replacement I won't go forward with full replacement procedure.

Holy thread revival Batman!! I don't think that Chimmy76 will see your reply since it's been 1 1/2 years that he has been active on the forum. I could be wrong though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back