04 Explorer heated seat wont turn off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

04 Explorer heated seat wont turn off

kping

Reaction score
City, State
Pingree Grove, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer LTD
I have a 2004 Explorer and have trouble with driver heated seat not turning off.

I press the button on the side of the seat, the display indication button for the driver side goes off temporarily, then when I let go (allow the button to be un-pressed) the light (and the seat heater) comes back on. Remains on unless i manually hold the button depressed.

I read some other posts about removing the seat to get at a "module" but i don't think im' able to perform this operation.

Have others had this continued problem?, and what-if any- are options/solutions to fix this.

Thanks,

while you are still trying to figure the problem out, there should be a little wire harness somewhere under your seat that you should be able to unplug so it doesnt heat up uncontrollably. my guess is that the actual heated seat switch is malfunctioning. if you have a multimeter, you could pull the switch off and test it.

I'll try to unplug it, for the time being. I'll investigate the problem further once I get under the seat! (not sure what a multi-meter is but i'll check it out)

Thanks for the quick response. I'll post an additional thread if I need further help.

Back