• Register Today It's free!

Tinted my taillights

01Strac

Reaction score
City, State
Bainbridge Georgia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac
Got bored today so i tinted my taillights they got a little darker than i really wanted should of just done one coat but oh well lol

Before

2012-03-04_12-15-22_169.jpg

After

2012-03-04_14-20-42_261.jpg

2012-03-04_14-20-50_358.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good. I think that looks best on silver Sport Tracs. If you're still bored, top it off with black cladding and side steps.

yea imma tackle that soon. how do u take the cladding off to paint them? But yea i like the way it looks on the silver sport tracs

There's a thread on here about taking the cladding off. I also put a little information about removing the cladding in my thread about fitting the 35s, I think. I didn't remove the cladding to paint it, though. I just used a large sheet of plastic and some careful edging. I was worried about damaging the plastic clips that hold it on. And to be honest, I lost one when I did the trimming for 35s and just found it laying in the driveway yesterday.

About to go replace it and put my step bars back on. I've split two pairs of jeans getting into my truck now. But mainly my wife can't get into it like a lady if she's wearing a dress and she wears dresses most days. Gotta keep the lady happy...and I need to lose some weight!

Edit: there's those great projects, too. That's actually what I used to figure it out.

can u paint the rear bumper cover without having to take it off?

Sure can; I did. That's the most difficult one to remove, IMO.

yea i was looking at that forum about removing it and i didnt wanna tackle the rivets and all lol would it look better with silver or black cladding?

Black. Silver would be really hard to match and wouldn't look right without being clear coated and matching the paint, imo. Black is easy and simple to touch up. I took off a good chunk of the paint on my front bumper sliding it up a rock a couple weeks ago. Cleaned it off, hit it with the flat black paint again and you can't tell there was ever a problem.

What'd you use to tint your lights?

the niteshade stuff from oreiley's its just temp till i get my new tails

Check out the for sale section on the www.mysporttrac.com site. nice set of clear corners and carbon fiber taillights , make offer + shipping type of sale.

paint the cladding black for sure. like offtrac said, it'd be too hard to match. i used truck bedliner to do my runningboards too. just search "cladding" and tons of write ups will pop up.

8_273624102651249_100000109837897_1272875_252667_n.jpg

Yours will look almost exactly like mine :D

Looks good =) Did you just use painter's tape to cover the circle?

Interscope- what's the skull and crossbones sticker?

Ahhhh ok I've got an HK skull in nearly the same place lol

Hahaha that's awesome! Didnt know there were any other paintballers on the forum. It's cool that there's a couple HK fans on ;) HHHHHHHH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

truck looks good interscope and yea i took 3M painters tape and taped off the circle with small pieces around the edge and trimmed it then did the inside of the circle

Back