TravisC

My bro, JoshC in Iraq
Reaction score
City, State
Hurricane, WV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
A/C on works on high

Alright, I tried a search but couldn't find anything useful. I thought someone had this same problem a while back but I forgot who. My A/C (fan) only works on high. Nothing happens until I turn it on high then it just blasts me. I'm either too hot or too cold. Anyone know what would cause this? I appreciate the help!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone?

The resistor for the Blower is shot. Try searching for that.

Same thing a couple weeks ago happened on our Mustang. The blower resistor was $12 at a local Ford dealer and all is well.

mine just did it too

EXCEPT, apparently mine is different. Instead of the $14.00 one from ford mine was $110.43... it is the same thing, blower speed control. anyone know where I might be able to find one, if so I am taking it BACK!

Agreed, the original poster probably has woes caused by the blower motor resistor being open. (There's a thermal fuse on the thing.)

1astrnt , If your problem really is the controller and not the resistor, try www.car-part.com They have a farily good selection of salvage yards here in VA that are in their database.

Cheers,

A_G

My '93 XLT had the exact same problem. It is definitely the resistor. It is located right next to the blower motor near the firewall on the passenger side. Good luck.

Back