I bet you im the first at this... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I bet you im the first at this...

Just this last week i found that i could nugh my gas peddle over to the right. After doing so, i then noticed that if i pressed it i would get a much better throttle respones. Realizeing this i thought it was kinda cool. If any of you saw those Tyco Turbo Hoppers or any Tyco RC car, it had the thorottle on one side and the streeing on the other. Well when you push the throttle on the remote up then to ingage the next gear you move it to the right and up some more. Thats what it seemed like. Anywho, i was comeing home from a friedns house earlyer today and i was at a red light waiting for it to turn green, i was thinking how it is going to suck when it rains today since it was my only day off. then the light turned green and i went for the peddle and it was gone. i looked for about 2 mins to find it and when i finally did it was swinging behind the brake peddle. i was tring to convince myself that it was a joke and someone was ****ing with me. So i told myslef that i was going to make it home. and i finguered out a way to use the gass peddle. If i held it just at the right angle and pressed it then it would drive. needless to say i was really upset when that happed. i thought after this happed that i might be the first people to have it happen. Has anyone out there heard of this?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe there was a TSB about this...

TSB?

Damn, well its a first time for me anyway :)

happened to me, the welds broke. its just 2 little tack wels on the back holding it on. You just have to drill new holes and put bolts through

happened to me and my buddy in his ranger. all of the welds broke, but we fixed it with a bunch of self tapping screws (i suggested bolts, but he diddnt want to drill) it has since broken off 2 more times.

THanks for all the replys, i fixed it with three screws and bolts. seems to be on pretty tight.

Mine must have broke before I got the truck. I was driving one day, let off the pedal to coast, went back to the gas and it was gone. I picked the pedal up of the florr and pulled on it by hand to limp to a friends house. There were 2 or 3 bolt holes and 2 bolts on the floor mat.

what does the pedal feel like after you fix it? if you shake it with your hand will it move side to side? or will it only move back to front like it should :rolleyes:

After mine was bolted back on snuggly the pedal felt better than ever. For about a month I noticed my truck being slower, and slower. I asume this was due to the pedal bolts slowly backing out, and causing slack.

i too have had this problem

Add me to the list!

Mine hasn't come loose yet, but it does have some side to side play. I'll add that to my list of things to take a closer look at, right along with the sticky throttle (Probably a dirty TB). :rolleyes:

If its already going sideways fix it. From when I "noticed" something was up it was only 2 days before it finally ripped off.

I hope my brake pedal is on better.

add me to the list happend at a red light aswell now its bolted on with 4 bolts through the fire wall into the engine bay lol I should check to make sure they stay tight lol.

Back