• Register Today It's free!

'02 Sport Electrical Gremlins?

Silence*

Reaction score
City, State
Canadialand!
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport
My 4x4 hasn't been working in my truck lately, so I brought it to a buddy today. He hooked up his scanner and he got no response at all. So he brought it into the shop and started pulling fuses (replacing a few burnt ones) and found hes got no power going to the scanner. Hell I don't even have power going to the Cigarette lighter anymore!

So theres a short somewhere in the system, but I'm trying to figure out what caused it. The problem of not being able to use my 4x4 happened when I replaced my Headunit for another headunit (Same kind, factory Pioneer 6 pack in dash CD Changer), and I blew my cigarette lighter fuse when I went to use it a few weeks ago. I had a Monster iPod FM transmitter plugged into it before I used it and now I can't use that and Its really starting to piss me off to not have 4x4 either...

Thanks for any advice!

The in-dash power point and the OBD port run off the same fuse. I'd start by checking that fuse.

the 4x4 switch is located right next to all the radio stuff, since you're blowing fuses I'm guessing you pinched/cut a wire replacing the head unit. I'd pull the whole assembly out and start checking the wires over.

Turned out to be a pinched wire from when we installed the deck. So glad I finally have working 4x4 again. Thanks for the help!

Back