• Register Today It's free!

03 sport lift complete

MrSport

Reaction score
City, State
Western, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 sport, 83 stang
Hey just got done lifting my 03 sport, took about 15 hours to finish.. just gotta put my wheels on and do my shackles.

Stock test fitting a 33x12.5 on
IMAG0250.jpg

For the next part i didnt take any pictures while i was lifting it because it was like 95 degrees out and i wanted to get this done.

heres it right after we got it all togeather minuse the back bumper.

IMAG0258.jpg

And heres it all done besides the wheels and shackles.

IMAG0259.jpg

There it is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Just out of curiosity what's the width at the bottom corners of your wheel wells?

I'm not sure but i could check here in a little bit. which one the frount or the back, or both?

Both if you wouldn't mind. And no rush its out of pure curiosity. Thanks!

sure can do that for ya.

they are 37 inches

Hmmm. You should go for 35s lol. I was curious because the STs are almost 39. A couple guys with 4dr ex's have talked to me about trying to fit them but their openings are only 34.5 (3rd gen) and I wanted to see if the new sports had bigger openings. Thanks again and sorry for hijacking your thread.

No its all good, i am trying to stay away from trimming anything on the body as much as i can, and i got some realy nice 33's for it.

There was a messup on summits part, they shiped me one wrong tire!!! lol but they made it right and shiped it out that day! so i will also upload some pics with the New wheels and tires on it.

Ooh Ahh. Those ar mickey thompsons aren't they?

Yes they are! baja radial atz's

My buddy has the 35" on his jeep. They are amazing tires on and off the pavement.

Realy! so maby you can answer me a few questions i have about them, How are they in dirt, mud, and snow? as well as ice?

I can tell you they KICK ASS in mud and dirt...Snow and ice I cant answer..doesnt snow much in florida :)

Are these the ones know for haveing the week sidewalls?

Kinda odd about your snow problem, turn the heat down a little bit lol ;)

teejay is right. they clean really well. They also grip rocks even when they're wet. You'll love the traction you'll have. As for snow I can't really say. He kinda sucks at driving in the snow. Seems he slides more than rolls. A lotta people around here never learned to drive in the snow since we really don't get that much. Also I don't have any other M/T to compare their traction to since I just put my KM2s on my ST.

As for the sidewall It seems strong to me. We ran 20psi for a day and a half of driving rocks and trails in the woods without issue.

Are these the ones know for haveing the week sidewalls?

Kinda odd about your snow problem, turn the heat down a little bit lol ;)

Man I wish. It's about 105 around here on average

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its been about that here the last couple weeks. Im used to high 90s but man its hot when it breaks that 100* mark with a lot of humidity

Back