03 Sport trac question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

03 Sport trac question

There is a pretty clean used 2003 Sport Trac near me that I am considering buying. Are there any known issues or concerns with these vehicles? Sorry if this is an old and/or oft repeated question, I'm not too familiar with Fords. Thank you
Yes! Mine is a 2003 XLT 4WD. I bought it last March with 115k miles. Southern vehicle, almost no rust. Check out this thread for the full list of work I've had done so far.

They say 2003 was the best year for the Gen 1 Sport Trac. Front end work will likely be your main concern, but the engine and drivetrain may also need some TLC if they haven't had regular maintenance.

The one thing I have found is the body mounts break down and crumble. I replaced all of mine with urethane body mounts the job is as not terrible. Most of the 02-05 tracs I have worked on have similar issue.
Otherwise these are pretty dang tough trucks
My 03 now has 250k on it (not the drivetrain) and everything works all door locks power windows dash, lights, all of it. I have gone through our truck quite a bit because i converted it to a v8, but I have not had to do much else. They hold up!

Back