• Register Today It's free!

05 Tail lights

usmc7898

Reaction score
City, State
Westchester County, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 XLT
Does anyone know if the 06 tail light assembly will fit the 05?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 06 with the circles in them?

Ford says they are not compatible. Why? What's ups? You just like that model?

I have wondered that as well. I like the 06 tails better than the ones on my wifes ex.

i installed the 06 taillights...only problem was that i had to trim a little of the body to fit the top part of the taillight in....i also rewired the reverse light since it uses a different socket...and wired up the top bulb with a new socket...ill try to locate some pics...been a while

Are you talking visible part of the body trimming or just behind the light a little needs to be trimmed out?

Search 06 tail.... It will give you a couple of threads with pictures.
There hasn't been an actual write-up but they are helpful.

It is actually the sheet metal that needs to be trimmed. I believe a few people just bent it back. If you see the pics you'll see it's not a big deal.

The wiring is the only thing you really need to pay attention to.

heres mine on my 03
679122.jpg

they fit pretty good there was a very small gap but not noticable at all i sold them but im going to buy them back in a couple weeks when i get some extra money again the guy i sold them to doesnt have his ex anymore

chris what did u wire up when u had urs? after im done painted my screws tomorrow from my roof rack ill take pics of the wires also and the trim part...its a slight trim that you would have to do behind the light itself...just make sure you paint it so it wont rust when you're done...

i only hooked up the tail light never got around to wiring the parking light and my friend who i sold them to cut the opening for the back up light for me so the stock socket would fit into it

i wired up the top bulb with a socket from local auto store....spliced it in the signal/brake light...but only to the 2 wires that light up with the lights...doesnt come on with the brake light...hopefully get some pics up soon for everyone to see

i wired up the top bulb with a socket from local auto store....spliced it in the signal/brake light...but only to the 2 wires that light up with the lights...doesnt come on with the brake light...hopefully get some pics up soon for everyone to see

If possible could you repost your pictures as I am getting a message they are unavailable.

Back