06 power seat issues

htsmeister

Reaction score
City, State
Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited,1996 Limited
Hi all: Two issues with our power seats (06-Limited):

1. Drivers seat has a slight shift when stopping or starting quickly, like something is loose. The floor bolts are all tight, feels like it might be in the drive gear or track. Any suggestions on how to tighten this up? The passenger seat does not do this.

2. Passenger seat shakes about halfway when moving seat back. It does not do it when it is moved forward. Like the driver side, it also feels like it is in the drive mechanism.

Note... we just got the car back after an accident. The right front wheel took most of the impact. These seats were not doing this before, but the dealer says that the accident could not have caused the problem. Both seats were occupied at the time.

Hi all: Two issues with our power seats (06-Limited):

1. Drivers seat has a slight shift when stopping or starting quickly, like something is loose. The floor bolts are all tight, feels like it might be in the drive gear or track. Any suggestions on how to tighten this up? The passenger seat does not do this.

2. Passenger seat shakes about halfway when moving seat back. It does not do it when it is moved forward. Like the driver side, it also feels like it is in the drive mechanism.

Note... we just got the car back after an accident. The right front wheel took most of the impact. These seats were not doing this before, but the dealer says that the accident could not have caused the problem. Both seats were occupied at the time.

Quick update: The problem is likely the plastic worm gear, drive gear, or both are broken. I'll update again after I get everything apart. Just fixed my '06 Dodge GC with same issue.

I have a 2004 Mercury Mountaineer. Both driver and passenger seats will not move forward or back. The motor seems to make a noise though. i think it's these worm gears. Has anyone found that they can be replaced, and are they even available to purchase? Any known part number?

Ive replaced gen4 power seat track.feel free to use search.

In general all the gen4 explorers and mounties shares the same power tracks (except of harnesses,heat and memory options)

Cant really see how gen4 parts will help for 2004 mounty generation

Back