07 cab corner rust bubbles

mrcube07

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer sport trac
Hey everyone,

After washing all the salt off my truck and putting on some spray wax. I noticed some bubbles on the bottom cab corners. Have any of you had this issue, if so how did you guys go about fixing it so I don't get a rust hole andy time soon. I fixed the high mount stop lamp and its dry. I push on the bubbles and it feels solid the only crunching I hear is the loose paint

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, its rusting from the inside out. When you replaced your CHMSL, was the old gasket flattened out and useless? I ask because I've read here and elsewhere the rear window itself can be the source of the leak as well as the roof rails and the cab corners.

I just took a better look and it seems as if a rock hit it. Yes the gasket was bad it was flat as a pan cake, I removed the head liner and water tested it after I replaced it and its dry as a bone. I had a buddy with a power washer spray the window and the roof and no water at all came inside. as for the bubbles if you shine a light on it there is like a small chip :( hopefully I can sand it down and re shoot it.

Just took a second look and IDK if its a rock chip or not, How do I go by removing the rear trim so I can take a look at the floor.

Just took a look by removing the sub cover thing, and ya Dray as a bone and no rust it was all smooth gray primed metal it must be from a rock or something then. The only thing I saw was a leaf. Ill take a dremel and grind everything down and re shoot it in a couple of weeks when the weather is warmer! in the meantime. Looks like I should start waxing it and washing it as much as i can so it won't spread

Back