• Register Today It's free!

07' Mounty 4.0 tune

snakester

Reaction score
City, State
SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Mercury Mountaineer
Thinking about trying a custom tune. Has anyone here done this and if so what were your results? Was wondering what supporting mods would be needed. The tuner and tune are like 500. Is it something worth doing ? Thanks

what mods have you done? imo, in my 2nd gen at least, a completely stock vehicle with a tune does nothin, these are already in a decently high state of tune stock, so the sifference would be negligable. the only gain to be had may be peddle response (not sure) cause iirc there are drive by wire. if you do intake exhaist, tb that kind of stuff, you could get a gain from it, but stock compensates pretty well for this stuff imo, so it could gain a tiny bit, dpeends on how much you want to chase every last horse. however, if touve done stuff like redone heads, cam, supercharger, or that kind of stuff, then it absolutely frees up power imo. let me know what youve done so i can give my 2c on it. the tune itself dont need supporting mods, it just supports mods to their full potential. imo the buggest gain froma tune on a stock vehicle is
A. shift points
B. peddle response
C. reprogramming for tires if necessary

and if its a canned tune, imo those dont do too much

Back