• Register Today It's free!

07 plug and play heated mirrors?

mrcube07

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 explorer sport trac
Hello I was just wondering if heated mirrors were plug and play for my truck its an 2007 XLT with heated windshield. I was going to replace the mirrors and saw on rockauto there were some that's heated so I figured that since I have heated windshield the wiring is already there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

im not sure. put after taking my front console/ dash apart i noticed their were extra plugs that plugged into empty spots for the Limited. im guessing they just use 1 harness for cost / simplicity. if this is the case the wire responsible for heated mirrors may be their just not plugged into the mirror assembly.
upload_2018-1-4_14-2-43.png
upload_2018-1-4_14-2-17.png

Thanks for the picture, yes I am hoping since I have the heated windshield that they just kind of tie in some how. It does make sense that the wiring would be there because of well production cost.

not sure if you saw the other threa for the 2009. but it looks like you will need switch that controls the mirrors and seats that is located at the bottom of the front dash by the shifter and AC controls

This was discussed sometime ago - myself and a few others somehow ended up with heated mirrors along with the windshield. None of the literature mentioned it, and a few others have posted they have a heated windshield but not mirrors. The mirrors come on when the windshield button is pressed. I believe I remember something about this was on first run 07's, the ones without power rear window. Job 1 or something.

so they already had a heated rear windshield and the button for it.. makes sense.

Back