08 Explorer Factory Tint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

08 Explorer Factory Tint

spencer785

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
08 EB 4x4 V6
Hi there does anybody know what percent the tint from factory is as i would like to match it. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any reputable tint shop should be able to tell you that information and match it correctly.

It's 20% if I'm not mistaken.

I went with 35% on mine.

It's 20% if I'm not mistaken.

I went with 35% on mine.

I can also confirm it's 20%. I had mine done last week and the guy who did it had a "tint enforcer" that read 18-19%, so I went with that.

It made a helluva difference. The Ex looks a lot better with the front windows tinted.

here in bc canada its illegal to have tint on front windows but a lot people do i think i will just get 35% so its not too dark what do you guys think

here in bc canada its illegal to have tint on front windows but a lot people do i think i will just get 35% so its not too dark what do you guys think
Here's mine with 35%

img_3601_std.jpg

Confirm the 20% on the back windows of mine when bought. I added 8% on top of that and 20% on the front to match.

Craaaazy dark!

way to dark for here in canada i think i will just put 35% on the front

I'm in canada i put 20% matching on the driver/pass windows didn't get stopped yet, had it since december.
It seems a bit light to me when the sunroof is open, thinking of leaving the front 20% and putting the back 5%
djbriantwist - pics please! want to do the same to mine

pictures please thinking of getting 35% on my front windows

Heres mine, from last fall a week after i tinted them. was raining not really good pictures though

DSCF1300.jpg

DSCF1301.jpg

DSCF1302.jpg

jon04ctsv - looks real nice!!
i love the 08 with the power runnin boards and rims
i kicked myself after i seen them and i had already bought my ex! :banghead:

20% driver/passenger window
Stock rear which is 20% i beleive..
the front banner on the windshield is 20% too:cool:

Back