• Register Today It's free!

10'-12' Taurus SHO Shifter

Destyn2001

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 SportTrac Adrenaline
I saw somewhere that the handle from the 2010-2012 Taurus SHO also works like the popular Flex Shifter mod. I like the look and feel of the SHO shifter better, wide top grip and might consider doing that one on my 10' STA

SHO vs. normal Taurus because it has paddle shifters so no trip tronic button on the shifter. 2013+ Taurus' have the same shifter as the Flex shown above.

If anyone knows if this is the same process for the SHO handle, let me know as I am sick of having the tall handle myself, had it on 3 Explorers and 2 F-150's over the last 10 years now.

Would include a pic but not that handy with the posting of them plus I'm at work, easy enough to google it.

I saw this post last week in the ST forum. I've read a lot on here, but don't recall anything about a SHO shifter. I think you will be plenty happy with the Flex shifter, its a 150% improvement over stock. Looked at SHO shifters and they are nice, but compared to the Flex I see no advantage. (Other than one comes from a nimble sports sedan and the other from a weird shaped Scion looking box car)

There is a person out there with a red STA w/ a custom hood like the 04' Cobra and the Concept STA. His pictures show the SHO shifter, just not sure it its the same process as the Flex handle.

Here is the link to his pictures, would also LOVE to know just how he came about this hood, what did he frankenstein the factory hood with (04' Cobra hood) and what was the rough cost of it.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3949940/2010-ford-explorer-sport-trac/

Back