• Register Today It's free!

'10 EB Cargo Storage

Shuswap

Reaction score
City, State
Sorrento, BC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 4.6L Eddie Bauer
I’m planning cargo storage and a sleeping platform for our ’10 EB, which came with the 3rd row power seats. Because the space occupied by these seats is not very big, it occurs to me to leave them there. For daily driving we can put two more people there and they will have a limo experience and I can permanently leave the 2nd row seat in the barn. By removing the second row seat I pick up a storage area 45” x 30” x 10”, nearly 10 cu/ft.

Here is the conceptual issue: top entry or doorway drawers? The floor is only an inch below the threshold, so that isn’t a problem. But the door does not open 90° and the wheel well encroaches into the doorway. I could build a drawer system that avoids that encroachment and have a narrow top entry between the drawer system and the folded 3rd row seats. That area might be a good place for a 2nd battery, inverter, cb, etc.

I build kitchens so I like drawer systems but only if they do the job. I’d be interested in any thoughts you folks might have. I’ve been lurking for 2 months while shopping for our Bauer and looked at many threads on cargo/sleeping platforms on several forums. Off coarse, most of them focus on entry from the rear, not so in this case.

Sounds pretty nice. My dogs would love a limo experience. Modded up with water bowls, a toy box, dog beds. But I lack the expertise for such a build. I'd have my X tore up from the floor up. Would love to see some pictures after you're done!

Back