1990 Bronco II Owner in Grand Rapids, Michigan | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1990 Bronco II Owner in Grand Rapids, Michigan

90BII

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
90 Bronco II
I have a 1990 Bronco II 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition with an auto 2.9v6. It is my second vehicle and my first was a 1986 Bronco II 4x4 Eddie Bauer Edition. I would like to get an explorer and might be getting a 1999 Ford Explorer XLS 4 door for free. I bought my 1990 Bronco II for $350 but it didn't run and had sat for 10 years. I have since installed all new brake lines, lug nuts, wheel studs, Sony stereo with ipod connection, Alpine speakers, wiring for Lund visor, radiator, gas tank, and new all terrain tires. I am already a member on the ranger station and broncoii.org. I will post pics of work up to this point and more as I continue. It has the D35 front axle. Just thought I would introduce myself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome aboard fellow rust-beltian!

welcome

Hello everyone my name is Chris! Thanks for the add on to the forum.. I am assisting my father with restoring a 1986 Ford Bronco II. with a 2.9 liter V6. The vehicle had sat for quite sometime and would not start. We cleaned out the fuel tank and replaced the fuel pump in it. The vehicle still produced no fuel to the engine. Secondly we located a pressure fuel pump located on the frame rail and was replaced as well. The Bronco finally starts but will not keep an idle and quits in about 10 seconds. If some throttle is added it appears vehicle is starving for fuel and eventually shuts down.

Can anyone assist me with the issue

Thank you for the information. I will try this and keep you posted.

Back