1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1991 explorer build ttb44 & LS Swap

We’re all anxious to see it together

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

waiting on shop room to start tearing it down, im anxious hopefully i dont end up parting out lol

Parting out the entire rig? :wtf:

Parting out the entire rig? :wtf:
hahaha im not going to part it im going to actually finish this one since i regret selling my ranger this is my chance to redeem myself lol but just hate waiting so looking at other things i can do while i wait lol

see that is why you need at least 27 projects going at one time!! So while you wait there is still plenty to do!

HELP ME

see that is why you need at least 27 projects going at one time!! So while you wait there is still plenty to do!

HELP ME

Im right there with ya. hell ive got two projects going at once on the same rig :confused2:

It Won’t let me upload video but broke in my tires lol

429D04E4-B86D-4376-B2A9-5ABAEB118CED.jpeg

We need pictures of the final install

We need pictures of the final install
Final install isn’t done needs to go to shop to get pushed back and have firewall redone it’s just sitting in stock location for now

Final install isn’t done needs to go to shop to get pushed back and have firewall redone it’s just sitting in stock location for now

The Ls fits in the stock 4.0 location? I assume new mounts and whatnot are required

The Ls fits in the stock 4.0 location? I assume new mounts and whatnot are required
Correct new motor mounts used dirt dingo 240z mounts used for this install in stock location , I’m having my motor pushed back so the crack pulley is at about the cross member where the engine currently sits here’s a pic of what it should look like

427CADE8-50D6-4EB7-B1D9-9E03B04C4093.jpeg

Correct new motor mounts used dirt dingo 240z mounts used for this install in stock location , I’m having my motor pushed back so the crack pulley is at about the cross member where the engine currently sits here’s a pic of what it should look like

View attachment 173619
Jesus that is stuffed under there. I assume that is to keep the truck balanced front to rear?

pre runner!!! yeah buddy it is for balance so you do not nose dive
those are some nice kings holy moley long live the beamed trucks

pre runner!!! yeah buddy it is for balance so you do not nose dive
those are some nice kings holy moley long live the beamed trucks

yup thats what i was thinking 410

BUMP?

Still got about a month or so till truck goes into shop they said mid November, ordered some other parts see if they fit since I have all the suspension stuff already so this should keep me busy See if they clear the frame and steering, won’t be able to test fit till this weekend they are hooker ls turbo headers if they do fit I’ll do the eBay special Turbo and do 7-8 psi and call it a day, also got some high clearance radius arms will be installing those tomorrow will post pictures up

AFB419BE-D153-4E3C-96B1-0F1B104653A7.jpeg

Still got about a month or so till truck goes into shop they said mid November, ordered some other parts see if they fit since I have all the suspension stuff already so this should keep me busy See if they clear the frame and steering, won’t be able to test fit till this weekend they are hooker ls turbo headers if they do fit I’ll do the eBay special Turbo and do 7-8 psi and call it a day, also got some high clearance radius arms will be installing those tomorrow will post pictures up

View attachment 174661

Is the motor still in its original position, Or did you move it back in the chassis already?

Curious how the steering shaft and steering box fit with the manifolds and all that, and how well it cleared the HVAC box on the right side.

Is the motor still in its original position, Or did you move it back in the chassis already?

Curious how the steering shaft and steering box fit with the manifolds and all that, and how well it cleared the HVAC box on the right side.

Has not been moved back yet , this is my alternative to having to get custom headers made once the motor is pushed back should be test fitting Friday or this weekend I’ll keep you posted

I wish somebody would make some header logs like those for our 302.......might fit the explorer engine bay
I know the old 289 tri y headers were close to that design

Thanks for the update! There are tons of people waiting to see this truck up and running around! glad it didn't get chopped to pieces

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wish somebody would make some header logs like those for our 302.......might fit the explorer engine bay
I know the old 289 tri y headers were close to that design

Thanks for the update! There are tons of people waiting to see this truck up and running around! glad it didn't get chopped to pieces
Agreed. I am a month or two away from pulling my 4.0 out for the 5.3 i have in my shop, wiring is done for the stand-alone system, just needs to be integrated into the explorer (fuel pump, Keyed Ignition, etc)

Back