1993fordexploere's 1993 "X" xlt 4x4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1993fordexploere's 1993 "X" xlt 4x4

i have been wanting to do this for a while just havent had time so here it is.this X was just used for a family car until i got it.

the first two pictures are bone stock and the other pictures are with 31x11.50 tires and no front bumper cause of the custom bumper coming in for my winch and the warn manual hub conversion. it has no lift. but will soon.:)
lots of mods coming up.

DCFC0001.jpg

DCFC0004.jpg

DCFC0015.jpg

DCFC0017.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looking good cant wait to see some more pictures of your ride

looks good so far keep up the good work

Ditch the tupperware! It makes an improvement.

why are you swapping to manual hubs? just wondering. looks good btw

why are you swapping to manual hubs? just wondering. looks good btw

why did i is what you weant:p: . um because they are reliable, and have a warrenty and my autos went out so i needed new ones and i wasnt gonna by another set of autos just to have them go out. :thumbsup:

hey all i just got my lift! i will have it in in about a week or week in a half. i will post pics when im done.:salute:

well i got the rear end done now for the front....... oh anld im goin 33x12.5 after the lift is done

DCFC0004-1.jpg

DCFC0005.jpg

i got the lift in. this will be my last update for a long time...i think:scratch:

DCFC0001-3.jpg

makes the 31's seem small. im getting some 33's

Nice. Now you just need to lift the rear some more!

Nice. Now you just need to lift the rear some more!

im not really worried about it. i dont really care actually. and it really isnt that bad when you look at it. oh and the other side tire was almost flat. you can see the air compressor. so it gets a lil better. in a year after my warranty expires i am prolly gonna get a 2-3 inch bl.

might also be some of the left end sag contributing to that side as well. even though he has a lift it might be causing it to look a bit low. i've often wondered if maybe a quick add-a-leaf would fix it.. evening it out.

i lifted it with AAL's and im thinkin shackles will even it? its off by only like
1-1 1/2 inch its not really bad. i think shackles will do.

Yeah, they should. You gonna get warriors? I wish I had....wait? I'm gonna go order them right now!!!:D:thumbsup:

yep!! thinking WAR153 shackles

yep!! thinking WAR153 shackles

So I just got confirmation that my shackles are on their way!!!:D

I bought them from tellico4x4.com they have the cheapest price I believe. They're $65

So I just got confirmation that my shackles are on their way!!!:D

I bought them from tellico4x4.com they have the cheapest price I believe. They're $65

yeah thats who i was gonna order through

Sweet. I wish they had a referral program! haha

you really should look at a SOA for the rear. Too much crap hanging there that'll get hung up. Just my 2 cents. Looks good though.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you really should look at a SOA for the rear. Too much crap hanging there that'll get hung up. Just my 2 cents. Looks good though.

im only 17 right now so im gonna wait a few years then do a soa. ive got alot of time

Back