1994 manual 5 speed codes interpretation, paperclip test engine off | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1994 manual 5 speed codes interpretation, paperclip test engine off

fabianoliver

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Montevideo - Uruguay
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
Ok, i've just finished the paper clip test with off engine looking at the Check engine light.

My truck is a 1994 5 speed manual, it doesn't came with O2 sensors installed from factory, just a ford plug, a straight jumper.
When i turn on the key, some seconds in "black", then it flashes fast and it shows some codes in two groups:

-----------

That's it.

I've some codes and results at:
but i would like to be helped, cause i'm not sure what they mean.
Any help on that will be very helpfull.

The X runs ok, but it consumes hard in the city: 11.7 when i take care, in the highway it's 20,5-21 at 62 miles

i don't know if there's a test with the car on, looking at the check engine light, it is done too?

txs!!

From the chart it looks like 556 and 542 are things with the fuel pump. Have you tried a fuel pressure test?

From the chart it looks like 556 and 542 are things with the fuel pump. Have you tried a fuel pressure test?
Hi!, no i didn't.
But wht i've learned 2 mins ago, is that the pump should activate and then stops 2 seconds later when key is moved just prior to crank.
My fuel pump is allways on when i turn the key, even a little.
May be is related to that?

Back