• Register Today It's free!

1995 XLT Lift?

qcrun98

Reaction score
City, State
Moline, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer XLT
Is there anyone who manufactures a lift kit for a 1995 XLT. I have no problem finding them for 91-94 & 96+. Did they forget about the 95 or is it too hard to create one since that was the year of the body change? Please let me know. :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the 96+ lift is the same

If you're talking about the Superlift kit, there are some slight modifications that have to be done on the torsion bars with a 95 but you can use the kit.

That is a very nice 95 X. I think I may look into getting the lift done sometime next year after I am done building my mustang. I wanted some tires bigger than 31's anyway. But I am happy with what I have right now the 31's buzzzz down the highway nicely and haven't had a problem with getting stuck yet. Except for plowing thru some minimal maintenance roads in the country during a snow storm.

qcrun98 said:
Thank You I have been told different and was not to sure. Didn't want to order the kit and have it not work.

I also have a 1995 explorer and the 1996 lift will NOT!!!! work. The 1995 was the first year of the torsion bars. The 1996 also uses that but they updated the brackets. It will NOT work.

exrider said:
I also have a 1995 explorer and the 1996 lift will NOT!!!! work. The 1995 was the first year of the torsion bars. The 1996 also uses that but they updated the brackets. It will NOT work.
Please explain further. MANY people here have put '96+ susp lifts on their '95s.

I believe two members on this site had the 4" Superlift installed on their 95. I believe Lifted95X & Klowns.

exrider said:

As I said before, the kit will work with slight modifications.

Back