1st Gen Power Heated Side Mirror Replacement Question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

1st Gen Power Heated Side Mirror Replacement Question

woodychitwn

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Limited
My driver's side mirror has been busted for quite a few years and every once in a while I make a half-hearted attempt to track down a replacement. Figured I'd give it another try.

The glass is shattered, and you can see the embedded heating elements, but those same elements keep the mirror perfectly aligned, so it's not really a noticeable problem. Unfortunately every time I ask a company that makes replacement mirrors, they tell me Ford didn't offer a heated mirror on the '94 Explorer.

So, does anyone here know where I can track down a replacement mirror, without having to replace the entire assembly?

Originally posted by woodychitwn
Unfortunately every time I ask a company that makes replacement mirrors, they tell me Ford didn't offer a heated mirror on the '94 Explorer.

That should be your warning sign not to deal with them.
I would think a Ford dealership would have a database with this item...but you should look into Ford Parts Network...

Try www.fordpartsnetwork.com and send them an email for the heated mirror. FPN is very good about responding and finding the obscure parts you need.

I think it will be hard just finding the mirror. It may only be available as the whole assembly. If you can find a 94 Limited in a junkyard (good luck) you could go that route too. 94 Limiteds are hard to find in junkyards though.

Back