• Register Today It's free!

2 Inch Lift Questions

Rayz2000Sport

Reaction score
City, State
College Dover DE,Baltimore(Essex) Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer Sport
I have been contemplating lifting my truck slightly. I do not do any hardcore off roading but love to cover my truck with mud whenever possible. I have heard that you can give an EX a 2 inch lift for a relativly small amount of cash. Can anyone tell me what would be neccessary to accomplish this? Also, I have noticed that my Ex has the slight rear end sag (in that it sits slightly lower than my front end) would lifting my truck remedy this? Thanks any help will be grealy appreciated. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If you want to lift the truck in the back, just get shackles. Part number WAR-153 work good. Those usually give an 1" to 1.5" lift in the back. Then because you have a sport, you cannot to AAL (Add A Leaf) but you could get four door leaf packs.

I would not mind doing a total lift, I just know that the back has the slight sag going on. Where can I get those shackles you mentioned? Price?

Hello, I just got a 2000 Eddie Explorer and I have the same problem. Where would I be able to find AALs? All I can find are supersprings, are those the same things?

Also, can you still do a torsion twist with this year?

Thank you ahead of time.

So are there not any add a leaves made for a past 1997 Explorer? Are shackles as good?

AAL should be available for all of the 95-01 models, assuming they are four door. AAL does not work for sport models, because they have a monoleaf in the back.

A shackle is much easier to install, and won't make the ride more still, like an add-a-leaf will.
I've also heard that add-a-leafs don't work as well with spring under axles when the spring already has a bit of arch to it.

You guys can also try the F150 leaf spring mod like I just completed tonight. I finally got to see what "its definately firmer, but I like it" was actually like, since it is firmer but far from harsh and I absolutely love the new ride quality!!!! However, I do need to ask those who have done the TT. How many turns is too many? It seems like I've been cranking the b'jesus out of the driver's side with little result, yet only gave the pass. side 2 complete turns and it's still taller than the other. I'd guess I've fed the drivers one around 4 to 5 turns so far. Should I simply keep going 'till everything's level or am I simply being paranoid (or both:confused:??)

P.S.: This is my first post here so a big "HELLO!!" to all my fellow grocery assault vehicle enthusiasts! And thanks in advance for any input, it will always be greatly appreciated.

I've got AAL+shackles+4 door leaves on my 99 sport. I prefer the way it rides now compared to when it was stock. Rides on the highway are way more enjoyable and there isn't much body roll now. The ride is a bit stiffer but it really isn't to the point that it is uncomfortable. I upgraded my shocks to the rancho 5000s about a month before all the other mods but I kinda wish I would've waited and saved more money to buy some adjustable shocks like the rancho 9000s. I think with those I could make the ride even better than it is now. All of that is probably a bit more money than you want to spend, but it might be worth it to wait a little longer and save some more money. Plus I fit 32x11.50s with out a whole lot of trimming.

Back