2" susp. & 3" body lift-extended brake lines? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2" susp. & 3" body lift-extended brake lines?

SVO42

Reaction score
City, State
RV Nomad
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XL
I've done some searching and have basically ended up confused. I'm planning on a 2" suspension lift (2" coils and F-150 leaves, possibly shackles) and a 3" body lift. Will I need extended brake lines? If so, at what point? I plan on doing the 2" suspension lift first and leaving the stock wheels & tires on until I get a set of 33s on 15x10s ready to go on, then I'll do the body lift. Will I need longer brake lines at all, after the 2" susp. lift, or after both lifts?

Thanks in advance...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nah. Stock lines will be long enough. Only the suspension lift will be a factor in extending the brake lines.

2" lift

Youll be fine with stock lines and 2" coils. And a bodylift dont affect the brake lines.(besides when you lift the body)

The stock brake lines are fine untill after 4" of suspension lift

i run 33x12.50 on 15x8 with a 3"body lift and they rub at full turn kinda bad i will be putting in some spacers and shackels for another 2" the 15x10 may be to wide i don`t know.

Fido- Where at in Southern oregon are you? I have lots of family in the Glide/Roseburg area

i live in grants pass

wow that is weird i thought i posted in this thread, but i guess not. I too am do 3" BL, and f150 spacers front, only shackles rear, then 32's with a 3.73 gears.

and i was thinking of makeing quick sway bar dico's, with that set up would i need to extend my brake lines, or is there anything esle someone can think of????

brakelines

Hey charlie you wont need to extend them with just spacers. And i have a pair of swaybar quick disconns for 20+shipping.

splodo49 said:
Hey charlie you wont need to extend them with just spacers. And i have a pair of swaybar quick disconns for 20+shipping.

i would b/c that is a sweet deal, but now i saving money for books and tires :eek: and every dollar counts for now maybe later

you can put a link to your sale thread in your "sig" that way more people will see it good luck

Back