• Register Today It's free!

2000 eb wont start

aj2005

Reaction score
City, State
cromwell indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 eddie baurer
i have 4.0 sohc engine cranks but wont start i can hear pump when turning key to the on position and i checked the fuel rail port there was gas geting to the top of the motor but i havnt tested the fuel pressure yet or the codes checked all the fuses theres gas in the tank i am baffled just drove it the nite before and everything was fine and the next day i wouldnt start tried spraying ether in throotle body that didnt work either i need some help

Seems you have no spark. Get an HEI tester and check for spark. If none, then go straight to the source. Check your CPS.

Probably not PATS

On my 2000 Sport if there is a PATS issue the fuel injectors are disabled but not the ignition so it will start on starting fluid. I agree that the most likely problem is no spark. You might try disconnecting and reconnecting the crankshaft position sensor connector a few times to clean it.

Will it start if you give it throttle? Mine wouldn't start recently unless I gave it gas. You arent supposed to ever have to give a fuel injected motor ANY throttle input On startup. I ended up replacing my engine coolant sensor that sends the temp to the PCM to regulate fuel input to the motor. Mine had pressure at the rails too but all my X would do is turn over but never fire.

Back