2000 Ford Explorer IAC | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2000 Ford Explorer IAC

tuasoi

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
I have a 2000 Ford Explorer (4 door) XLT, awhile back I had a problem with the IAC making a humming noise so I cleaned it and it was fine for awhile well the humm started to come back so I replaced the IAC. When I bought the IAC from the ford dealer I noticed that the new IAC didnt have the black cap that the old IAC had so I thought maybe its an old part so I changed the IAC since then I have been having problems with the computer not setting the idle back to normal I even disconnected the battery for 3 days, drove it around, let it sit on idle for 20 minutes and so on and so on but the computer still does not set my idle back to normal. On park it idles to between 2 to 3 rpm's but when I shift the car to drive it goes down to above 1 rpm. I was wondering did i get the wrong part or is ther something else internally wrong with the car.

Thanks

Ian

Hmm tough one...........Have you checked that the iac is fitted correctly, ie seated right?
As its a free fix I would also clean your maf sensor and than reset. I really hope this works for you. let me know mate.

Back