2001 explored sport trac 4X4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 explored sport trac 4X4

patsloot

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 explorer sport trac
Lamps Out...'01' sport trac...every thing wz working fine until 3 or 4 days ago. Now, Suddenly, No Stop Lights, Hazards or Turn Signals!
I think I have checked every thing I can. Bulbs...O.K. All fuses...Seem...O.K..
Hardly NO Info. in the "owners manual".
2 local parts stores treated me like a D.A. for even walking in to ask a question & for help.
This has trailer package...But NO Trailer "pig-tail"; so I have not checked out that part.
I know the signals, brake lamps, and hazards "are all the same thing" {at least they used to be}.
Is there any one with info on this sudden loss of Lamps?
Running lamps, interior, & dash lamps all seem to be working fine.
Is this from one of those "relays" burning out?
Is this something the A.H. at Auto Zone could of easily checked; if he wznt' going on his ciggi break?
Please help if possible...patty.

I had the same lights go out when I first got my trailer and hooked it up. Turned out the trailer was wired wrong and was blowing a fuse. Obviously your problem is not trailer related, but I'd check the fuses in the fuse panel at the driver's end of the dash. With the door open you'll see the little door that opens to the fuse panel. I want to say it's fuse #27 which is a blue 15 amp fuse, but I'm not 100% sure that's the one. And you're right, the owner's manual is of very little help.

It's hard to tell if those fuses are good or bad just by looking. Get a new fuse and put it in to be sure.

Hi, Got everything back to normal! {and It Is Not "the new normal!"}. I had used the Hazards...And even though the problem did not show up at that moment...I tried the "move the tilt column and depress the hazards several times" and every thing started working perfect! Thanks so much for All The Responses! patty.

Back