2001 Explorer Seats ?? HELP SOON PLEASE | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 Explorer Seats ?? HELP SOON PLEASE

BlkExplorerSport

Reaction score
City, State
Saskatchewan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer Sport
Hey guys, i need help with something reasonably quick. There was a 2001 Explorer Rollover in the Paper and it had leather seats in it. I was wondering if The seats from a 2001 Explorer Sport will fit in a 1999 Explorer Sport? i know the body style changed but the seats look the same. Please help soon.

thanks in advance.

Yes the seats will fit and will bolt right in. They look and fit better and the seat lumbar support is superior IMO. I have seats from a 2001 explorer sport in my 98 4 door. Both 4 door and 2 door front seats are interchangeable from 95- 2001 on 4 door and 98(?)-2004 on the sport model. Cosmetic wise the 2001 sport looks different but the basic frame, engine and interior items all fit with little or no modification from the earlier years. Good luck!

so your sure they will fit? what about the power seat will i be able to keep that? and i dont know if they are heated but if they are and have lumbar supports that u can move i dont know if my power seat thing to plug in will work with that because right now i have the crappy cloth seats and my driver seat has a burn hole from previous owner so i want new seats.

They will definitely fit. The passenger side seat on the 2001 sport is manual and I never seen one come thru powered. The drivers seat is powered and the basic hook up is a ground and a positive wire. The connectors are different so you're only need the pigtail from the 2001 to splice it into your existing wiring. The lumbar control is manual (knob that turns a cable) and doesn't involve an electric pump like on the earlier Explorer models. Heated seats are a different issue and would require rewiring and the complete seat wiring harness from the later sport. It can be done but requires a little electrical skill and reading wiring diagrams. Go for it, It was one of my best mods and I love the leather!

Back