fordpickupman

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Cascade, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
71 F250 Fummins
We picked up a new to us 5.0. It had an electrical short that was causing the alternator to charge at 22 volts. After a few weeks of beating my head against the wall, I found it and removed the hackery that was causing it.
now the fun can begin.
I built a tube front bumper to replace the plastic stocker and also built a winch mount that tucks the winch between the frame rails.
did the torsion twist.
swapped out the 16” wheels for a set of 15” powder coated billet Centerlines and a new set of 32x11.50 Falken Wildpeak ATs.

3D0C61D9-21DF-454D-83BE-3946209D6674.jpeg

B052DF6F-CCCF-47E1-8443-2BCDFBCAE6F1.jpeg

77199661-F73A-4508-9EAF-F3AA34F1DC7C.jpeg

4AF4BF97-2710-4110-8DA6-75128FF08DE4.jpeg

41BB644B-F85F-4CFC-BC18-80A4225BB18C.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bumper and tires alone make that front end look so good!

Speed holes!!!

She looks awesome, so clean in white!!

410fortune there is probably 50 hp worth of speed holes on the front......kidding. It just needs a Clay Smith sticker on the back now for another 50 hp.
I should be picking the bumper and winch mount up from powder coat today sometime.
I wish it sat a couple inches higher.....This is why I don't like the SLA front suspension. The lift options are too few and too expensive.

TTB forever!!
lol

Coated

87B11D3F-4EEA-48C6-AE81-CDCA2F52347F.jpeg

Now to start fitting it all back together and wiring it up.
Mama Bear is getting excited to have her new stomper to bomb around in.

dang you get stuff done quickly down there!! still needs a hood prop though LMFAO

Well I ordered a Jmod kit from BCA and grabbed a valvebody from a 2002 Crown Vic. Apparently the Explorer valvebody does not mod well according to Darren at BCA and he suggested the Crown Vic unit from 2002 or newer.
I got the valvebody rebuilt and went to install it, but the friction fit accumulator retainer won’t stay in its bore. It actually shot out and bloodied my forehead. Grrr.
anybody here messed with these and have a good fix to keep it in its home?

AANNDDD now i know how im going to mount my bumper when i get around to it this spring. Looks awesome! Good work!

Im not sure what your calling the accumulator? being friction fit your not talking about the filter are you?

The accumulators are piston/bores that control, and condition fluid flow.

nothing to do with the filter.

Does your 2000 4r70w even need the J mod? LOL
I have never used a 02 crown vic valve body, Brett upgrades the 98-2000 units just fine! Funny how different builders have different approaches

The 1-2 accumulator is held in with snap ring, the 2-3 just has tangs right? Bend the tangs out slightly??

I bent them out slightly. It won’t hold.

Oh oh oh gotcha, brain fart...

Looks good! its even camo!!! :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It feels like I’m in a lowrider compared to my 1st gen.

Back