2002 Explorer Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2002 Explorer Limited

Jayson

Reaction score
When can I expect to see the Limited model of the new 2002 Explorer? I've seen the EB version and the black on tan looks fantastic. Man my wife had heart set on the 2001 Toyota Sequioa, but now she's picked an interest in this revised, reshaped, rethough, redesigned Explorer. Looks like the did a good job on the outside. The door handles are the kind I love. Also, is there a way to identify the V6 from the V8 models? I can't recall seeing a V8 badge on any of the models I've seen on the freeway so far. Has it even debuted yet at the dealerships?

Jayson

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Limiteds are out, they're just hard to find. I've had a 2001 Sequoia Limited since January (sorry guys, its a business trip vehicle, Expedition didnt do it for me ;) ) I'm kind of surprised that you'd cross shop the two trucks, the Sequoia is huge. I'm really satisfied with it, but I have been with the Explorers too.

Either way you cant go wrong.

Originally posted by Stephen
The Limiteds are out, they're just hard to find. I've had a 2001 Sequoia Limited since January (sorry guys, its a business trip vehicle, Expedition didnt do it for me ;) ) I'm kind of surprised that you'd cross shop the two trucks, the Sequoia is huge. I'm really satisfied with it, but I have been with the Explorers too.

Either way you cant go wrong.

Our next auto purchase is going to be for my wife. She loves the idea of the 3rd row seating, that's why we are going from the Explorer to Sequoia. She test drove an SR5 and absolutely loved it. I sat in the rear and thought the ride was very smooth. Th sunroof is enormous, which is a good thing. We want an "all-option included" SR5. My wife hates leather seating, especially since we are moving to Austin, TX this summer!

Thanks for your input!
Jayson
San Diego, CA

Wouldn't buying one in TX be cheaper than in CA?

Originally posted by PLRBEAR
Wouldn't buying one in TX be cheaper than in CA?

Yes it sure would. We are not going to buy until we actually get out there to Austin, though the way our mutual funds and stocks, that were to by our "downpayment money," have performed we may not be buying anything until Christmas! <UGHH>

Jayson

Originally posted by Jayson

though the way our mutual funds and stocks, that were to by our "downpayment money," have performed we may not be buying anything until Christmas! <UGHH>

i hear that : (

but about the third row seating, are you aware that when the third row is down, the cargo area is slanted. not good if you put anything back there that you dont want to roll around (like grocery bags, laundry, tools, etc..).

Originally posted by leenjen

i hear that : (

but about the third row seating, are you aware that when the third row is down, the cargo area is slanted. not good if you put anything back there that you dont want to roll around (like grocery bags, laundry, tools, etc..).

No, I didn't know that the slant existed. That's a real let down. We just received our brochure on the 2002 Explorer and looks really nice. My wife wants to look at the Eddie Bauer model as she likes the color scheme. I really cannot figure out why anyone would buy the Limited model now that I see only "Limited Wheels" and an exclusive color scheme are the only two perks. I always thought my leather in my 1994 Limited (God rest its soul) was of much higher quality than any of the other models available for that year. Now it seems that bothe EB and Limited models share the same leather seating materials. I found this very interesting.

what's the price difference between limited and eddie bauer?
i always liked the looks of the limiteds in pevious years

Do all of the searching you can and try and find a manual trans. I know for a fact they make them, and the made a 99/00 with one too. Just look at the body above the tranny from the underside and you will know what I am talking about.

Originally posted by leenjen
what's the price difference between limited and eddie bauer?
i always liked the looks of the limiteds in pevious years

I agree, the matching color schemes on the Limiteds definitely looked a lot sharper than the lesser spruced models. I am not too keen on the large beige fenders on the 1999-2001 EB models though. There needed to be some more rubber under that fender than what Ford put. I will check on the pricing. I believe it's right around a $2000 price difference, of course that's the same for comparison between 4x2 Limiteds and 4x2 EB and 4x4 Limiteds and 4x4 EB.

The Eddie Bauer and Limited are now identical packages, same price and equipment. You just decide what style you like best. Also, the Limited and the Eddie Bauer are unavailable with the Manual.

every car that i bought since highschool has been manual transmission, i dont think i could get used to driving automatic.
which way does "D" go??? j/k

Back