2003 Power Window Problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2003 Power Window Problem

ajax23

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997ford explorer
Greetings,
I am experiencing a power window problem on my 2003 Exp XLT 4 door. Both rear windows will not go up or down using either the driver's master control console switches or the local rear door switches. I cannot hear any motor noise nor does the window appear to move at all.
The driver and passenger front windows operate normally. The driver's master console lock-out switch does lockout the front passenger window. The one-touch feature works for the driver's window. The two front windows operate with the ignition in the run position with engine off and with engine running.
Any diagnostic help, pointers, etc would be appreciated.
thanks

Same problem here, but no solution.

The wire harness going into the driver's door gets the most stress. Check it for a broken or frayed wire.

I had this problem with my left rear. While I was installing a new speaker in it I tapped on the motor with a small hammer while holding the down button and it eventually got unstuck and went down.

You don't hear anything because what happens is corrosion develops between the brushes and contacts in the motor, tapping on it sometimes gets the brushes to move enough to make contact again.

Once you get them working remember to cycle all your windows at least once a week to keep the motor contacts/brushes clean.

Back