Rear Window Won't Go Down from Driver Switch | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Window Won't Go Down from Driver Switch

kcwebguy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Mercury Mountaineer
My rear passenger window will not roll down from the driver's window control pad.

It works fine from the rear passenger control switch.

All other driver's window control switches and window lockout work fine.

Any ideas?

Josen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check the wires between the drivers door. Sometimes they break and cause lots of little electrical problems.

yes if that doesnt work it is mostly likely gonna be the main switch.

was this ever solved? i have the same problem on my 93.
switch and motor works fine from rear switch but doesn't work at all from driver.
i cleaned the main switch with electrical contact clean and nothing seems to be wrong with it. the power has to go through the main switch to get to the rear doesn't it? what wire could be broken to cause this? or it it just the main switch?

Def check the wiring moreso inbetween the body and door, thats usually where they break. The main switch does power up the rest of the doors but if it has no power it wont control anything. There are cases where the switch does go bad but usually nothing with work. Hope this helps :)

so do you have to cut the boot in the door to check them? how do you get a new boot in there? or is there a better way to check the wiring?

i tried just yanking on it to look in there do i just have to cut it ? is there a way to check it with a check light?

Back