2004 Explorer - front wipers won't stop | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Explorer - front wipers won't stop

stroked250

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Limited
I have a 2004 Explorer Limited ....I turned my front wipers today and they wouldn't stop. The wipers run on slow and fast speed, they do not delay at all and will not turn off. The wipers won't shut off even when the car is off.

I assume this is a failed relay. I am not sure where to look. I think the relay is in the wiper motor itself...how do I pull the black platic cowl off the hood to access the wiper motor?

Am I on the right track? I need my car back on the road asap!

Hey Guys, I have an issue regarding my rear wiper motor being constantly on. I turn it off and it continues to keep going. I pull my fuse under the dash and it still continues to go.....very weird. So I went to the front of my 2004 Explorer Limited 4x4 4.6L and removed the high current fuse for the rear wiper. I have to take it out for a couple days and then put it back in, and sometimes its still on. What you think the problem is?

It's a relay within the wiper motor that can be used to return the wiper to the down postion even after the car is shut off. Ford does not list this as a seperate part number, they require you to buy the entire motor assembly. I suppose that you can replace the relay if you take the motor housing apart.

Good luck

Back