2004 Sport Trac: Wipers not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2004 Sport Trac: Wipers not working

tr_1127

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac
The windshield wipers on my 2004 Sport Trac quit working today for no apparent reason. My ST had about 2-3" of ice/sleet over the windshield wipers from the recent ice storm. I cleared all of the ice off of my hood and windshield yesterday, including the recesses that the wiper arms are mounted in. Today, I turned my wipers on and they cycled twice before sticking in the up position. I checked the fuse and it is still good. Everything else still works (including the washer fluid pump), which leads me to believe that the wiper motor may be the problem. Is it possible that the motor is fine and some ice got wedged under the plastic where I can't see it and is stopping the wipers from moving, or could there be something else that I'm overlooking?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

To rule out the ice/sleet causing the problem you could take a hair dryer and thaw out all around the wiper mounts and arms

Yep sounds like snow or ice under cowl which is hanging up on wiper transmission.

It was ice/snow. I just went out and started the truck and my wipers are working normally again. It must have gotten warm enough today to melt it away.

Thanks for the help.

I have a 2001 Ranger 4.0 the wipers dome light and ding for the keys went out . All of the fuse are good what could it be.

Back