2005 Lincoln LS w/ 100 shot nitrous new best ET's 11/18/06 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2005 Lincoln LS w/ 100 shot nitrous new best ET's 11/18/06

Finally took the LS to the track today when it was fairly cold out. I got alot better times than I did last time I went out to test my car with nitrous. Here is how my timeslip looked:

R/T... .748
60'... 2.205
330... 5.797
1/8... 8.751
MPH... 84.75
1000... 11.263
1/4... 13.382
MPH.. 106.59

I am still spinning off the line. I figure that once I get traction (LSD & DR's) along with curing my tranny hesitation problem I will be easily able to dip into the 12's. I figure with all of that cured I should have no problem scooting through 12.9's and moving right onto 12.8's with ideal conditions. I am still pretty confident that I own the fastest stock engine Lincoln LS in the country. ;)

I also got a new best N/A time. I topped my previous N/A best of a 14.34 with a new best of 14.29... Not much better, but it does get me into the 14.2's bracket now.

Though I wasn't lucky enough to get my 13.3 run on video I had my friend take a few vids of me racing some fairly respectable cars. Take a look.

05 Lincoln LS -vs- LS1 GTO

05 Lincoln LS -vs- 97 Cobra

I should have beat them both by a decent amount. Instead the Cobra barely edged me out but I did still put a hurting on the LS1 GTO driver. Ya win some ya lose some. Good times.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks like fun. My dyno tuning got pushed back til after Xmas, and I'm really itching to get to the track if they finally give me a weekend day off...

Finally took the LS to the track today when it was fairly cold out. I got alot better times than I did last time I went out to test my car with nitrous. Here is how my timeslip looked:

R/T... .748
60'... 2.205
330... 5.797
1/8... 8.751
MPH... 84.75
1000... 11.263
1/4... 13.382
MPH.. 106.59

I am still spinning off the line. I figure that once I get traction (LSD & DR's) along with curing my tranny hesitation problem I will be easily able to dip into the 12's. I figure with all of that cured I should have no problem scooting through 12.9's and moving right onto 12.8's with ideal conditions. I am still pretty confident that I own the fastest stock engine Lincoln LS in the country. ;)

I also got a new best N/A time. I topped my previous N/A best of a 14.34 with a new best of 14.29... Not much better, but it does get me into the 14.2's bracket now.

Though I wasn't lucky enough to get my 13.3 run on video I had my friend take a few vids of me racing some fairly respectable cars. Take a look.

05 Lincoln LS -vs- LS1 GTO

05 Lincoln LS -vs- 97 Cobra

I should have beat them both by a decent amount. Instead the Cobra barely edged me out but I did still put a hurting on the LS1 GTO driver. Ya win some ya lose some. Good times.

Rocket - Good work man!

I would love to hear this thing--

Not on the gas, bone stock quiet. Once I romp on the gas the CAI really grumbles pretty loud. Once I hit the juice it sounds like a raped ape.

Nitrous set up

I have a 03 lincoln ls. I'm having nitrous installed just a 50 shot with
Dual purge.
The car only has 42.000 Kilometers.
The shop that's doing my car are curious to how to tie the nitrous in with the the fuel?
Something to do with plastic plastic fuel lines?

I have a 03 lincoln ls. I'm having nitrous installed just a 50 shot with
Dual purge.
The car only has 42.000 Kilometers.
The shop that's doing my car are curious to how to tie the nitrous in with the the fuel?
Something to do with plastic plastic fuel lines?

The fuel lines are stainless steel under the car. I tied in down there, almost immediately under where the driver steps over to get inside the car. I did this for stealth reasons for hiding the system. Any shop worth a darn when it comes to installing nitrous on cars should be able to determine a few good places to tap into for fuel with a 5 minute look at the car. I hope your install went well. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your reply!:) it went good. Was there for a month though.
Just a 50 shot for now tell I get one step colder plugs.
Do you retard the timing at all?

Thanks for your reply!:) it went good. Was there for a month though.
Just a 50 shot for now tell I get one step colder plugs.
Do you retard the timing at all?

For the 100 shot I did.

With colder plugs also? Are stock plugs with retard?

Or stock plugs with retard?
My shop mentioned colder plugs and don't have to retard the timing?
I ran it all summer with a fifty shot. Barely noticable.

I'm starting to buy turbo parts and rear end diff swap, lsd 3.73 gearing.
Yet to find and better trany parts.
03 black on black ultimate model still only 50.000 original Kms.
I'd post a pic but am new to this site not sure how.
Also Made my own body kit

With colder plugs also? Are stock plugs with retard?

Colder plugs with a bit of spark retardation for the 100 shot. If you want to retard spark as little as possible then you will need to log knock retard to see how much wiggle room you have. Sometimes you have more and sometimes you have less. Keep in mind that this is assuming that you already have an aftermarket ECU tune that takes advantage of the octane of fuel you are currently running while not on the shot. If you are running a totally stock ECU tune then there is plenty of slop left in the spark tables that will translate into not needing to retard spark timing on the 100 shot. Whomever is your EFI custom tuner will know all about this if they are worth their salt.

The transmission is the same model as the S-197 Mustangs so the internal parts will swap between. Also, the torque convertors swap as well. That would be one way to bring the car into boost that much quicker off the line.

I have the sct xcal tuner and tunes from torrie.
K&N Cold air, all 3 cats still on, Original resonator switched to magniflow Dual performace resonatort to stright pipe. And 50 wet shot that comes on at 3000 rpm and shuts off at 6000 rpm.
Just got 1 step colder plugs,ngk iridium ix part number 018-4772-8.
I was also feeling brave, reading up on are coils, being the the first thing to go on these cars Apparently? I decided to buy these dragon fire race coils. Anyone one use them?

Also been reading up on 5R55S and thank god there's actually stuff out there to buy. what a break!!
I got the super coupe lsd and the mark vlll housing.
Just looking for gen 1 Axles now.

I will try my absolute best to not ruin this car before it has forged pistons and rods

Back