2008 Sport Trac Lights | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2008 Sport Trac Lights

The light fixture on the top of my cab was broken with hail damage recently. When I ordered the part, it came with plug-in wiring. This is not the same as the wiring on the truck. I am not overly mechanical, but know how to do basic electrical. I tried to use the splicing pieces that you just put the wires side by side and squeeze it together, but it doesn't seem to work. Is it all right to cut the plug off and wire as I would originally with cutting the wires and splicing them together and good tape?

To many of you this may sound basic, I'm just a little old man with no knowledge of mechanics. Thanks for your help

The light fixture on the top of my cab was broken with hail damage recently. When I ordered the part, it came with plug-in wiring. This is not the same as the wiring on the truck. I am not overly mechanical, but know how to do basic electrical. I tried to use the splicing pieces that you just put the wires side by side and squeeze it together, but it doesn't seem to work. Is it all right to cut the plug off and wire as I would originally with cutting the wires and splicing them together and good tape?

To many of you this may sound basic, I'm just a little old man with no knowledge of mechanics. Thanks for your help
plug in wiring? like where you have to solder on a connection plug to plug in?

It would be a plug to plug. It's just that originally there was no plug at all, just the wires going from under the top to the light.

It would be a plug to plug. It's just that originally there was no plug at all, just the wires going from under the top to the light.
if you can find a diagram figure out which goes to which. if you chose you can snip off the connector and solder them directly, or if not, sometimes you could;d find a connector at a JY and solder your end onto that. do also be cognizant that there may be changes by year, so maybe some years there were connectors.

Back