2010 head lights

bschnur

Reaction score
City, State
Bridgeville, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Explorer XLT
Hello,
I want to replace my stock head light bulbs with new high intensity bulbs. I have searched though the forums for info on how to remove them, but I can't seem to find any instructions?

Do I have to remove the entire headlight assy to get the bulb out? or is there a easier way to do this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Its not that hard to do. Open hood and you will find 2 grey bolts on each headlight assy. The whole assembly comes out. You may have to wiggle and use a little force getting the assembly out the first time.

there are 3 bolts that hold in the headlight assembly. 2 that are visible and 1 that is on the lower engine side of the assembly, you can see it by looking down at the headlight. ex: passenger side headlight the bolt is on the far right hand side of the headlight assembly and vise versa.

Thanks guys for the help!!

Forgot about the third bolt.
thanks 96743explorer

You need to REMOVE the top2 bolts (10 mm socket) and just loosen the bottom one, do not take it out.

Hold onto your originals

Hold onto the originals, the brighter aftermarket bulbs don't last very long. Had to replace sylvania silverstars in mustang after 2yrs.

Back