2010 Sport Trac Repair / Service Manual | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2010 Sport Trac Repair / Service Manual

agreznik

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer Sport
Can anyone recommend a good source for a 2010 Sport Trac repair / service manual. Anyone use repairsurge.com?
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Service manual

I didn't see any service manual procedures on this site.

I bought a full set of Ford shop manuals (Volumes I & II, plus wiring manual) for my '10 Sport Trac in eBay for about $95.

I didn't see any service manual procedures on this site.

You didn't look hard enough. Scroll down to auto repair center reference beta. It has every factory service manual you could ever want.

I used it to pull the engine on my 07 and replace the timing chains, gears, and guides and reinstall everything.

Also used it to change plugs on the wifes 08 3.0 escape.

Tech by Trade -- when I go to the ebscohost site you recommended, it takes me to a login page; username: tech and password: tech do not work. Any ideas?

Steve

Tech By Trade -- thanks for the heads up. I did some checking, but couldn't find anything that didn't require a username/password, or a library card number...

Steve

Tech By Trade -- thanks for the heads up. I did some checking, but couldn't find anything that didn't require a username/password, or a library card number...

Steve

Try this:

2007 SportTrac Repair Manual

Nothing beats the shop manuals. I got mine used for $60. I have an extra wiring diagram manual if you would like to buy it.

Exploder -- thanks for the info on the workshop manuals, and for the heads up on the wiring diagram manual you have. Once I get the Vol. 1 and 2 Workshop Manuals, I may get in touch with you about obtaining the wiring manual from you...

Thanks!
Steve

I bought a complete set, all three volumes for my 09 STA, on ebay for about $40.00. Do a little searching and you can find lots of them for sale. It was $25 for both service manuals and $15 for the wiring diagram.

SMSgt -- that's a great price; I'll keep looking. I'd spend $25 on the Vol. 1 and 2 manuals for sure, or $40 including the wiring diagram. I can't find any price close to that, so far, in my search. $70 for Vol. 1 and 2 is the cheapest I can find thus far...

I have seen a couple of the '09 versions of the manuals much cheaper, for whatever reason. Would it make any sense to get the '09 version, for my '08 ST? I can't imagine they'd be too much different, for the most part...

Steve

I can't imagine there is a great deal of difference between an 08 and 09 but then again I don't know for sure. If you're not in a hurry you will get a better deal because there are out there if you just look at the right time and place. Try checking Craigs list too, if you haven't already done so. Happy hunting.
Kent.

Found this, it might do what you want.
2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Truck Shop Service Repair Manual DVD XLT Limited | eBay

Kent --

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your help. Yes, I will keep looking. I hadn't tried Craigslist, but I will do so now that you mention it.

Yes, I saw that DVD -- BUT, I have heard that they are "date sensitive," and the only way you can make it work is if you change the system time/date on your PC to the date listed on the DVD. I have no idea if that's true, but reading through that seller's feedback, there are several negative feedbacks -- including some where there were issues with incompatibility between the DVD and the newer versions of Windows...so I chickened out of buying that.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for a more reasonably priced set.

If anyone else who knows, can tell me if it would be a reasonable compromise to buy the '09 version of the manual for an '08 ST, I'd be interested in hearing it...

Steve

Success!

I got a set...Vol. 1 and 2, and the wiring manual, for a good price.

Thanks!

Steve

Kent --

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate your help. Yes, I will keep looking. I hadn't tried Craigslist, but I will do so now that you mention it.

Yes, I saw that DVD -- BUT, I have heard that they are "date sensitive," and the only way you can make it work is if you change the system time/date on your PC to the date listed on the DVD. I have no idea if that's true, but reading through that seller's feedback, there are several negative feedbacks -- including some where there were issues with incompatibility between the DVD and the newer versions of Windows...so I chickened out of buying that.

Anyway, I'll keep my eyes open for a more reasonably priced set.

If anyone else who knows, can tell me if it would be a reasonable compromise to buy the '09 version of the manual for an '08 ST, I'd be interested in hearing it...

Steve

There are a few differences between the 08 and 09. Transmission (6r60 vs 6r80), tow sway, heated mirrors, voice nav, and sat radio. The shop manuals should be close enough assuming you aren't rebuilding the transmission. But you will want the right year wiring diagram manual.

Success!

I got a set...Vol. 1 and 2, and the wiring manual, for a good price.

Thanks!

Steve

Excellent. Glad to hear. Shop manuals are decent, but the wiring diagram manual is the bomb. Saves hours, even days. We couldn't have done our Brenspeed Supercharger Sport Trac without it.

1998Exploder --

Thanks for your help. Right now, I'm trying to diagnose the reason for my Park Aid not working ("check park aid" appears on the instrument panel every time I put it in reverse), and swapping out the sensors did not fix it. Seems to me like a problem with either wiring, or the Park Assist Module, but don't even know where the module is located. The Manuals and wiring diagrams should help me to troubleshoot this, I would think...as well as helping me with other (yet to crop up) issues going forward. I just passed 100,000 miles on the vehicle, and hope for another 100,000...

Steve

Glad you found what you needed. They are quite helpful.
Good luck with your projects as they pop up.
Kent

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

THANKS, SMSgt! Hopefully, I can figure out this problem. Either way, I'm glad to have the manuals...

Steve

Back