The Storm Chaser
Reaction score
City, State
Agawam, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Interceptor Utility
Callsign
WX4FUN
I'm looking into trading my 2010 for either a '15 or 16' Explorer. Are the rear bumper covers the same from 15 to 16? I haven't gotten a good look at them side by side. I plan on adding a trailer hitch and I've seen the hitch add on available. Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm looking into trading my 2010 for either a '15 or 16' Explorer. Are the rear bumper covers the same from 15 to 16? I haven't gotten a good look at them side by side. I plan on adding a trailer hitch and I've seen the hitch add on available. Thanks.
Looking at some pictures of the 2016, it appears the rear bumper is somewhat different but hard to tell. In any case, my suggestion would be to buy one with the tow package already installed. The 'package' includes more that just the hitch. If ordering, I think a member said it was a $500 option. Well worth it.

Peter

I don't know if the bumper covers are the same, but why not just get one with the towing package included. My 15 came with the class III towing package. It comes with all the electrical hookups and includes additional cooling. The hitch is hidden behind a plastic black panel in the bumper and looks very nice. When you want to tow you just remove the panel and there is the hitch and all the electrical. Towing capacity for mine is 5000lbs. Plus if you hurry you can probably get a great deal on a 15 which would help offset the cost of the factory towing package.

Agreed, if possible get it OEM.

I do not believe the bumpers are the same, from looking at them they look different.

Back