2011 xlt cam position sensor P0344 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 xlt cam position sensor P0344

Whitey87

Reaction score
City, State
Berlin ct
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer xlt
So I'll start by saying I'm new to this forum so hello! I just bought a used 2011 explorer xlt. It has 74000 miles on it and my lame 60 day warranty ran out last week. Now I have a c.e.l. On that reads cam position sensor p0344. I'm fairly handy with cars just have no clue where to start with changing this sensor. Is this something I can do it my driveway? And where is the sensor located? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the Forum Whitey87.:wavey:
I did a search on the internet and came up with many posts on this issue.
Not sure if the following will help or not.
http://www.fixya.com/cars/t8783196-car_showing_po344

The following is from fordparts.com The part is 6B288 near the upper right.
6B288 (DU-90)
Ford Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
3.5L Cyclone V6 Petrol TIVCT $77.35

Good luck.

Peter

Attachments

• RenderIllustration.jpg
    RenderIllustration.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 681

Thanks for the quick response. I tried googling it but had no luck.

Well, I have been trying to search specifically for the newer generation solution for this issue. I've come up on older vehicles that have this code, but not the newer Fords.

My 2011 Ford Explorer XLT came out with the code P0344 which is "Camshaft Position Sensor A Circuit Intermittent Bank 1 or Single Sensor".

When my Check Engine light first came on, I knew it was for my spark plugs (tune up). So I did that, and still had acceleration issues, but no Check Engine light until about a month after the tune up.

The only thing I found regarding this issue with the newer Explorers was that it might not even be the sensor.

Has anyone had this issue with their 2011-2017 Explorer? If so, was it only the sensor or did your vehicle need more work? What was the part number? I've seen several different pieces pop up when I search for the Camshaft Sensor. Was it easy to replace? If you took it in, what was the price to fix it?

Sorry for so many questions, but this is my first car with the Check Engine light coming on twice already :(.

Back