2013 Explorer Issues??? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Issues???

swilliamsapa

Reaction score
City, State
West Branch, Michigan
I ordered a 2013 Explorer from my dealer on March 28, 2012. I was provided the VIN# with a build date of 5-14 and a estimated delivery date of 5-21. It's June 8 - and no Explorer yet. I called FORD directly and was told that there was a "stop shipment" on all the new 2013 Explorers out of Chicago - and that mine has indeed been built but is parked at the factory. They couldn't (or wouldn't) tell me what the problem was or when I can expect to recieve it. The rep said could be anything from missing stickers or wiper blades to something more serious.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is? If it is something serious I may have to rethink my purchase and go with an Edge, or F-150 (or God forbid a GMC Acadia)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

PM Cory @ FordCustSrvc and get much better info than dealership drivel...

Have a killer breakfast at Mac's for me... :D

PM Cory at FordCustSrvc. See if there is any info in his system. You should probably edit your message to remove your vehicle's VIN though. Apparently, that Mayhem guy from the commercials can prowl here and do stuff with your VIN.

In March/April there was a similar parking of Explorers at the factory to install the MFT updates but I wouldn't assume that to be the case here. Who knows could be that same Mayhem guy dressed up like a hot chick caused a pileup in the parking lot. Mine isn't built yet but I did just receive my VIN -- I hope the logjam clears before it is finished.

Thanks Cory!

Thanks for the heads up - I have removed the VIN from the post and will attempt to contact this "Cory" deity you speak of.

And yes Joe Dirt - I have breakfast at Mac's every weekend.

Right on! :thumbsup:

:D

Thanks for the heads up - I have removed the VIN from the post and will attempt to contact this "Cory" deity you speak of...
If you keep this up, I won’t be able to fit my ego through the door! ;)

Seriously though, I’ll send you a reply within the next few days.

PM Cory @ FordCustSrvc...
Thanks a bunch for the shout-out, Joe Dirt! :D

PM Cory at FordCustSrvc. See if there is any info in his system. You should probably edit your message to remove your vehicle's VIN though. Apparently, that Mayhem guy from the commercials can prowl here and do stuff with your VIN...

Thanks Cory!
You’re welcome, Since95; BTW, you’re hilarious! :bsnicker:

Cory

Still haven't heard a word on my Explorer - looking at all these other posts showing ones built this week are already on rail cars is depressing when mine was built May 18 and is still parked at the factory in Chicago.

Makes me wonder what no one is telling me . . .

Is it a Ruby Red Limited? If it is then they are probably just going to ship it to me. :burnout:

That really is odd that its just sitting there. Perhaps they are decking it out with James bond style ejection seats or mounting a ray gun on the roof. I don't know how Junior is tracking his progress so closely but I suspect it has something to do with Service Manager magic.

Did you PM Cory?

1) Cory should send you a pm soon - if not already sent; but he has lots to answer from this and other forums / websites.

2) if you haven't verify you have a window sticker (your original post says dealer gave you estimate; you don't say it was built):
In case you don’t have the window sticker URL memorized, here it is:

Code:
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webviewhybrid/WindowSticker.aspx?vin=<Insert VIN Here>

Cory

3) register on syncmyride.com and put in your vin. If your ride has been built it should show dates MFT was installed to your ride.

Seems like fordmomof3 was also in the michigan area and took some time from build to delivery at her dealer. Maybe they have limited # of transports going your way ... but you know what they say when you assume things. lol.

Hang in there a few more days, it will be worth wait. :thumbsup:

You could also try twitter...I've gotten quick response there. There are different reps doing different things. I know Cory does multiple forum sites.

Here is the twitter one:
https://twitter.com/#!/fordservice

Thanks for the suggestions . . . yes it is a ruby red XLT (not Limited)

Cory contacted me on Monday - he was going to investigate and get back with me. He told me it has been built - but had no immediate reason for the delivery hold. Hope to hear soon.

Went to my dealer at lunch today . . . and I think I used the "magic words" (Jeep Grand Cherokee and GMC Acadia) - they immediately started making phone calls - hope to hear from them by the end of the day.

I don't mean to whine - just getting frustrated about the situation - with my trade in (2011 Flex) going up in miles and down in value every week :(

...Cory contacted me on Monday - he was going to investigate and get back with me. He told me it has been built - but had no immediate reason for the delivery hold. Hope to hear soon...
I shot you a fresh reply, swilliamsapa; please see your inbox.

...Perhaps they are decking it out with James bond style ejection seats or mounting a ray gun on the roof...

Did you PM Cory?
A big “yes” to everything you just said, Since95! ;)

1) Cory should send you a pm soon - if not already sent; but he has lots to answer from this and other forums / websites...
...There are different reps doing different things. I know Cory does multiple forum sites...
Gatortailale & phareous,

I really appreciate the support, guys! :)

Cory

Back