• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer Sport ordered!

GeoffO

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I just ordered an Explorer Sport on 11/26. The order was placed on 11/29/12, I was told it would take 6-8 weeks to be built. I'm very excited to drive my new Explorer Sport.

I was told on monday (12/3) that I will recieve the VIN # and delivery date next week! Sweet!

I'm looking forward to folowing the progress of my order.

I wanted to know if there is a way for me to actually go to CAP and see my order being built? It is buit right here in Chicago and I'm only 40 minutes away!
:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just ordered an Explorer Sport on 11/26. The order was placed on 11/29/12, I was told it would take 6-8 weeks to be built. I'm very excited to drive my new Explorer Sport.

I was told on monday (12/3) that I will recieve the VIN # and delivery date next week! Sweet!

I'm looking forward to folowing the progress of my order.

I wanted to know if there is a way for me to actually go to CAP and see my order being built? It is buit right here in Chicago and I'm only 40 minutes away!
:D

Hi GeoffO,

Currently, the only Ford facility that allows for public visitors is the Rouge Factory in Detroit. The good news is that you and your new Explorer will be together soon! I'm happy to track its order status for you; just send me a PM with your dealer name and order number and I'll do the rest.

Thanks,
Crystal

PM = Private Message. Click on the FordCustSrvc (username) and there will be a drop down menu where you'll see Send private message..........

Hi GeoffO,

Just a heads up: I responded to your message. Let me know if you have any other questions.

PM = Private Message. Click on the FordCustSrvc (username) and there will be a drop down menu where you'll see Send private message..........

Thanks for the assist, Fishingwidow23!

Have an awesome weekend,
Crystal

Thanks Crystal,
I do have my order number now. Is there a way that you may be albe to help me with this now?
Geoffo

Thanks Crystal,
I do have my order number now. Is there a way that you may be albe to help me with this now?
Geoffo

Hey GeoffO,

I just sent you another PM with some good news. :) Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Crystal

Hello All,
I wanted to gather some thoughts on the protection package offered at ford dealers. Do I need to have a new 2013 Explorer rust protected or the undercarrage coated? Any thoughts on this?
Geoffo

No, most of that stuff is a waste of money. Most of the frames are dipped in a coating that protects against rust when they're built at the manufacturer

No, most of that stuff is a waste of money. Most of the frames are dipped in a coating that protects against rust when they're built at the manufacturer

Well, as you say, most might be true, but definitely not all. I had Zeibart done to the undercarriage of my Mustang and it is great for protecting it in the winter. Salt from the roads. It also acts to deaden the sound from the road. I"m not sure how much that would even matter on the Explorer, but there are some brands out there that are worth the money IMO.

Hello All,
I wanted to gather some thoughts on the protection package offered at ford dealers. Do I need to have a new 2013 Explorer rust protected or the undercarrage coated? Any thoughts on this?
Geoffo
save your money and rinse the salt of your car occasionally...

Hello All,
Geoffo

I live in snowy and salty PA and I invested in Ford Explorer rubber mats to save those nice Sport mats for better weather.

You are going love the power.

I live in snowy and salty PA and I invested in Ford Explorer rubber mats to save those nice Sport mats for better weather.

You are going love the power.

I did the same

Does anybody know if there is a "Break-in" time or milage for a new 2013 Ford Explorer Sport?

Well I recieved my 2013 Explorer Sport and she's beautiful!
I have two questions to ask.

1) There are supposed to be 12 speakers in the Explorer Sport. Where are the locations of all of them? I can only count 10.

2) Inside of the SUV, in the very back, there are what seems to be stickers just bellow where the 3rd row Shoulder harnes seatbelts come out of the "wall". What are these and can they be removed?

Geoffo

Geoffo, I'm not helping until you post pictures! :)

I'm not posting pictures until you give me a sample of the information you have.
:)

Does anybody know if there is a document or picture or person that can help me locate all of the speakers in the 2013 Ford Explorer Sport?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, as you say, most might be true, but definitely not all. I had Zeibart done to the undercarriage of my Mustang and it is great for protecting it in the winter. Salt from the roads. It also acts to deaden the sound from the road. I"m not sure how much that would even matter on the Explorer, but there are some brands out there that are worth the money IMO.

Zeibart is the only reason our 1970 Mach1 Mustang is here today after many Cleveland Ohio winters. I don't know that I would do it to a new car, but, I live in Phoenix, Arizona. Snow is always 100 miles away. Not much snow on the way to work.

Scott

Back