2013 Explorer XLT 4WD - Service Traction control | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Explorer XLT 4WD - Service Traction control

PeteVit

Reaction score
City, State
Cleveland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT 4wd
I moved the explorer onto the grass to get my car out of the garage, once I started it again to move it back I got this warning Service Traction control, advanced 4wd system, reading some of the other threads I hope this is not an expensive fix. my Chevy cruze had an issue like this when parked on the grass, dam squirrels ate thru a wire, a cheep fix, I hope the same this time, anyone have or seen an issue like this ?
any help I'd appreciate
update: I just checked the engine compartment, I didn't see anything obvious, but starting the vehicle I think I got the wrong error, the error I'm getting is 'terrain management system fault'
Pete

What warning are you getting today? Have you checked for possible stored error codes?

Peter

sorry, I never saw a notification of a response; after I drove it to town, all the error codes went away, the intelligent 4wd options were still unavailable until I restarted it in town, today no issues, I plan on taking it to the dealer soon to check codes. thanks
Pete

Back