2013 Ford Explorer XLT Rear camera replacement | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2013 Ford Explorer XLT Rear camera replacement

Is there a place on the internet where we can get directions on how to use FORScan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is there a place on the internet where we can get directions on how to use FORScan
I've never checked that out. I'm sure there likely are some sites. Perhaps you should check out this thread first before doing anything.
I don't have the required tools nor am I interested in getting them. I'd just as soon take it to the dealer.

Peter

When a camera is replaced, it has to be programmed to the vehicle it is installed in. It can be done with IDS (dealer) or using FORScan.

Peter

I am replacing the rear deck lid trim piece on my 2013 XLT which currently has a functioning camera. The replacement trim piece comes with a camera. Am I correct in assuming, based on this thread, that the new camera is not plug and play and that I should transfer my existing camera to the new trim piece?

Edit: Note, the new trim and camera are all FORD OEM.

I am replacing the rear deck lid trim piece on my 2013 XLT which currently has a functioning camera. The replacement trim piece comes with a camera. Am I correct in assuming, based on this thread, that the new camera is not plug and play and that I should transfer my existing camera to the new trim piece?

Edit: Note, the new trim and camera are all FORD OEM.
From what I've read and what others have posted, a new camera has to be programmed to the vehicle it is installed on. I would guess that using the original camera would not require programming.

Peter

In my case, I needed to clean this connector and seal the hole as in the video below. The camera was fine.

I just replaced my camera on my 11. It was going in and out, sometimes blank screen, sometimes no lines, other times it flipped the image backwards.

Got one on Ebay for $16x.00, brand new OEM. 5 minute install.

This one I believe is for you. Took 3 or 4 days to get it.

FORD OEM 11-15 Explorer Rear View-Backup Back Up Camera EB5Z19G490A | eBay
I have a 2011 Limited Explorer and my lines just disappeared the other day. Do 11's have to be reflashed at the stealership or plug and play? I do have the moving lines and park assist.
Tnx, Ken

I have a 2011 Limited Explorer and my lines just disappeared the other day. Do 11's have to be reflashed at the stealership or plug and play? I do have the moving lines and park assist.
Tnx, Ken
See post 11 😀

Back